Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CD changer location

JohnnyC

Corvette
1996 Black Coupe - LT4
Where does everyone else have their CD changers? Mine is currently located behind the driver side seat, see picture. I was looking to hide is someplace, but unfortunately is doesn't fit anywhere, storage bin, under the seats, etc.

I'd rather have a "clean" look to the back. Any suggestions. Its 10 x 3 x 7 inches.

John

I looked and looked for a place for mine also.....Mine is behind the passenger seat, but laying down instead of the way you have yours. Mine is a JVC 12 Disk.....Not many places to put it....I then put a AMP behind the drivers seat......

I had mine under the passenger side of the dash for a while, where it was easily accessible yet wasn't too intrusive. I never received a complaint at any rate.

After that I had it installed inside the passenger side of the rear storage compartment, mounted to the front side of the bulkhead, which left plenty of room for other small storage items. I had a Mag Lite in there, along with an emergency pouch of bandages, gauze, tape, etc., a container of those pre-moistened towelettes, this, that, the other thing, and more. :D

Use your imagination, you'll find a place to mount it! :upthumbs

_ken :w

I inspected alittle further... the jack and foam(which can be removed) block putting the cd changer further down into the storage bin. Thats were i'd like to put it. Just like JonM's.

Have any of you taken out the jack to make the cd changer fit? I know as soon as i took it out, i would get a flat and need the jack. But what are the chances of me actually ever using that jack?

Never had a need for it except at Bowling Green last year, but even then, it wasn't an emergency need. ;)

_ken :w

I bought a tire repair kit and a small air compressor that fits inside the storage compartment. No need for jack and spare tire again!!!

I got some industrial velcro to secure the radio receiver and cd changer to the walls of the storage bin. I took out the foam and jack. Lots of room now. I had to unscrew that entire part of the back floor there to get the foam out. Next warm weekend(looks like this weekend come up), i'll work on setting everything up.

How did others mount their stuff. I didnt want to go drilling holes all over the place for mounting brackets. I think the velcro should hold for the most part.... we'll see, i guess.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom