Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Center Cap Options

c3cvte

Corvette
1972 Stingray
To my great disgust I have lost a center cap with knock off somewhere on the freeway around seattle (hope it didnt hit anything when it stoped bouncing down the freeway).

After looking online I have found that they are all sold in a set of 4. Since I have to purchase all of them this is an chance for me to look at the different styles avalible. I'm 90% sure I want to keep the Knock Off look and not go to the more simple center cap design.

My question is this...Has anyone used the Corvette Wheel Spiner Cone Kit sold by Ecklers (http://www.ecklers.com/images/vette/medium/m_A5614.jpg)?
m_A5614.jpg

I'm thinking this would give it a great look and make for cleaning around the lug nuts really easy.

What do you guys think about this look? Was it avalible at all on 81's?

The only ones I've used had an aluminum tube that had 3 allen set-screws to mount to the rim, then the spinner screwed onto the aluminum ext/tube. I had a set on a 1980 and on a 1984.. Never tried the set you show above ..

Not much help here ;shrug

Bud

Spinner cone kits

These cones are in addition to the aluminum extentions and spinners. These cones basicly slide over the aluminum extention piece and covers the lug nuts and snaps (with a set screw) into the round area where the lug nuts are.
Just curious if anyone else has seen, or used them. Never seen tem installed or even a picture of them.

I like them,I saw the cone kit with the straight spinners on a 81 this past year at Carlisle,and I am going to get them both for my 81 from Ecklers,this Spring.

Later Ken:beer

Well news for everyone. You dont have to order the ENTIRE set if you just loose one. These are for sale for $16.00 each.
Site is called corvettesouth.com

Spinner Angle Fin 76-82
Item ID:
spin7682swp

Replace only your lost or damaged spinners without buying an entire set of four. This selection includes a single chrome or black chrome spinner, its die-cast polished aluminum mounting ring and four (4) hex setscrews.

Specify Left or Right below
spin7682swp.jpg

Top fin on left side spinner angles to the left: \\
Top fin on right side spinner angles to the right: //
Threading for all spinners is "righty-tighty" -- none are reverse threaded.

These spinners fit any wheel with a 3-1/8 to 3-1/4" center hole.

The mounting area for an optional emblem measures 1¾". See the Emblems category for our offerings.

The Emblems are the cheapest I have found also. $3.00 a piece!!!
embflagsmall.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom