Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

center console lid button

timmb001

Corvette
1996 Black LT4
i pressed the little button to open the center console lid - and the button does not spring back into place on my 96 - has anyone else had this problem? Happened in the parking lot at work this morning so I figured i would ask the folks here first...might give me something to do tonight...

thank you,

Timm

I have seen the replacement parts in Mid America and other vette mail order catalogs.
Seems to be one of those things that just wears out.

Someone will post who has actualy replaced it -
Goodluck
Rain

Rain - thanks for the reply - BTW - Congrats on your recent winnings...

looks the the part - I wonder if local chevy dealer has one...I dont know why but it just bugs me ... not having it work... I keep feeling like my Vett is broken! - I cant work today, I must go home & fix it followed with a "test drive" cruise up the coast w/ the top up, to be sure it is fixed...:)

If only my boss understood Corvette Owners logic...

Mine does that too, I don't use it much I just have to remember to pull the button back out when I close it or it will pop open and leave the light on.
One of these days...

Mine latch is broken so the button doesn't control anything. I don't miss it, I just lift up on the lid to open it and don't worry about the button anymore.

As of late 2002, this spring was still available through GM dealer parts dept. It is not a typical coiled spring but rather a formed piece of flat spring steel. Very easy to replace - I think I remember having to remove the lid from the console to do it.

I just did mine. You need to remove the panel on the bottom side of the lid - 6 or 8 phillips screws. It's easy. GM p/n 12524132 I got from Fichtner $3.67 includes shipping. 1-406-628-4121:D

The pic is the old broken one & the button. Button is usually ok.

There ya go! Give it a shot and let us know.. then (since the 2 of ya did it), the rest of us will order and install!

Thank you all for the info - I will let you konw how it turns out..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom