Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Changing colors

PAULIE B

Corvette
2007 sliver, 02 sold ,87 sold
Bought my 2002 C5 in December of 2010:cool!:. It is white . I noticed the color is changing. What I mean is... when you really take a good look at the car it looks as if the car it is two tone. The doors are more white than the rear end or the front end. Is there any thing I can do for this? Or do I have to live with it? I really like white all my others cars and trux are white, I've never seen this before!!! When I am at the cars shows and other vettes are there it doesn't stand out as much as colored ones. Is it my imagination or what.:confused
Paul:w

Bought my 2002 C5 in December of 2010:cool!:. It is white . I noticed the color is changing. What I mean is... when you really take a good look at the car it looks as if the car it is two tone. The doors are more white than the rear end or the front end. Is there any thing I can do for this? Or do I have to live with it? I really like white all my others cars and trux are white, I've never seen this before!!! When I am at the cars shows and other vettes are there it doesn't stand out as much as colored ones. Is it my imagination or what.:confused
Paul:w

How bad does it actually look? My red 2002 C5 was looking pretty dark up front and in the back (it literally looked like a different color), turns out it was just in need of a good scrub. Mine was probably brake dust up front and smoked in the rear, the sprayer didn't do anything. If you haven't actually scrubbed it, try that (sounds stupid I know). Do you have a pic?

How bad does it actually look? My red 2002 C5 was looking pretty dark up front and in the back (it literally looked like a different color), turns out it was just in need of a good scrub. Mine was probably brake dust up front and smoked in the rear, the sprayer didn't do anything. If you haven't actually scrubbed it, try that (sounds stupid I know). Do you have a pic?

I will send over a pic. Scrub it with what? Yesterday I went to a performance shop and asked them what the deal with was and how to correct it. He had no idea:mad. Said bring it to a body
shop maybe they could repaint it. Maybe it was painted separately from the other parts at the GM plant. Don't know.

I will send over a pic. Scrub it with what? Yesterday I went to a performance shop and asked them what the deal with was and how to correct it. He had no idea:mad. Said bring it to a body
shop maybe they could repaint it. Maybe it was painted separately from the other parts at the GM plant. Don't know.

I just scrubbed it with the foaming brush. I sprayed the brush with the power wash first to make sure there was no debris that could scratch the paint... I had taken it to a car wash and only sprayed it a few times right before this, the brush was the only thing that worked. I'm not saying this is for sure the problem, but it's worth trying if it looks like it just might be smoked up or something... I just did this last night and then waxed her with Mothers clay bar wax and now I'm getting compliments on how good the paint works.

Maybe it was painted separately from the other parts at the GM plant. Don't know.
Yes,most of the parts are painted at different times!~!!:thumb
My 03 Spiral Grey mis-matches all over depending the light,and you can see right through to the factory primer on the lower doors and rockers when it's on a lift!~!!:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom