Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: charging fuel pump from alcl

hotrod2

Corvette
1985 c4
hi guys this is a dumb one but i need to ask- the book says to charge the fuel pump from the alcl link by applying 12 volts to the link under the dash
do i use just the hot wire and ground somewhere else or use the battery and pos and neg wires into the alcl link?
here is what the book says
- energize fuel pump by applying battery voltage to terminal g see diagram - but says nothing about the ground
i know my pump works but want to try this way because of the relay, im thinking is shitty and the grounds to the pump are on the 150 ground and i have the fog lights out waiting for new ones- my turn signals wont even light up with out them in, you know how they dont blink if one is blown well the fp ground is on the same link # 150 front to rear , i dont wanna mess up the pump
been waiting a week for damn lights, i got something from china already but not from a idiot in texas -set backs suck
i got all new lights led now they work well did before i took out the fog lights cause they were bad,blinkers just didnt blink:eyerole

hi guys this is a dumb one but i need to ask- the book says to charge the fuel pump from the alcl link by applying 12 volts to the link under the dash
do i use just the hot wire and ground somewhere else or use the battery and pos and neg wires into the alcl link?
here is what the book says
- energize fuel pump by applying battery voltage to terminal g see diagram - but says nothing about the ground
i know my pump works but want to try this way because of the relay, im thinking is shitty and the grounds to the pump are on the 150 ground and i have the fog lights out waiting for new ones- my turn signals wont even light up with out them in, you know how they dont blink if one is blown well the fp ground is on the same link # 150 front to rear , i dont wanna mess up the pump
been waiting a week for damn lights, i got something from china already but not from a idiot in texas -set backs suck
i got all new lights led now they work well did before i took out the fog lights cause they were bad,blinkers just didnt blink:eyerole

You can apply 12 volts from the positive terminal of the battery or any 12 volt source like from the cigar lighter (as long as the circuit can handle the current draw of the fuel pump) to Pin G of the diagnostic connector.
The pump will run all time.

Note the 12 volts still passes thru the fuel pump fuse and the normally closed contacts of the fuel pump relay.
The fuel pump motor is already grounded so all it needs is 12 volts to run.

thanks, i thought thats what it needed was just a power from bat, since car was grounded

well the fuel pump relay pig tail was replaced /wired and just twisted together ,not making good conections so i re did it with good connectors and its working now thanks again

--also- the reason i had so much pressure in the tank is because the ebay guy sold me the wrong fuel pump it was pumping way to much pressure!! so i bought the correct pump, nice to almost not figure this out huh pisses me off 50 bucks gone cause someone sold the wrong part,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom