Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chassis Update

S

Spdfrk

Well people I have finally found the tim to post some pics of the Chassis before and after painting. We have been delayed for quite some time now. We are still waiting on the rest of the chassis parts (Shocks, Springs, Bushings etc..) so we can start going up. They should be here within 2 weeks now so wish us luck.

Rust proofing stage. We used a VERY HARD paint called "RUST LOCK"

It worked perfectly and man is it hard!!!!

This is the finished product.

We used a Black Chassis paint. Very nice finish.
We sprayed this on.
Very pleased with the results.

Another view.

All we have to do now is wait for our brand new Shocks, springs, poly. bushings and some bolts and we will have a finished product soon (I HOPE!!).

I will post the finished product as soon as we finish.

Looking good spdfrk,

Keep the pictures coming.

Rick

Looks great. I would love to do a frame off but I may as well start selling the "extra" parts 'cause I would never figure out where they all go and get them all back on.

I have never heard of "Rust Lock" but it sounds similiar to the POR-15 I have been using.

Bob

Thanks guys. Shes coming along nicely, despite the delay.

I know how you feel BOBCHAD, looking at all the parts is quite scary, but we have the manuals and pictures and of course you guys so we will get by.

It looks great!!! Wish I could have done that to mine!

Just collect the 'left over pieces'. I think that's how they make Mustangs!

I am glad to see it coming along. You are an inspiration to many people, especially considering you are doing a frame off restoration many, many, many miles away from the rest of us. I know you have to wait a while for parts, and rely on striking deals over the phone and internet.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom