Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check Gauges Light?

RichLee010

Corvette
1990 White Convertible
I have a 90 convertible and my check gauges light just came on and is staying on. It use to flicker on occasion but would never stay on solid. The gauges are all working and are in the same "readings" as they have always been, hot and cold. The only thing I did was replace the Battery about 1 month ago. But as I say the Check Gauges lite started staying on solid about 1 week ago. I tested the Alternator and it's working fine. Any Suggestions??
Thanks,
Rich

You have a '90 ZR-1 convertible?

I believe there's a way to get the CCM codes (I think that's what does the dash) with a paperclip, but you may need to search around. I can't recall which pins you need to connect on the ALDL.

No it's not a ZR-1. Too Bad wish it was.
Thanks for the help
Rich

paperclip method: connector under dash (above the acc pedal) has two rows of connector holes. use paper clip to short the upper row's right two holes. Now turn the key to the on position, but dont start the engine. Watch the panel above the heater controls (the DIC). the Service Engine Soon light will blink. It will blink once, stop for a second or two, then blink twice. Get it: Thats a 12. (one blink, then two after the break.) It will blink the code 12 three times, then watch for any different codes. Those other codes are your Trouble Codes. (the 12 is just a delimiter, a start sequence if you will). Post that other code here and someone will look it up in the manual.

Isn't that for ECM trouble codes? He's having a dash problem. It's some other pin you ground for the CCM, I believe.

If the "check gauges" light is on or flickering and you check the gauges and find no problem, then you most likely have an electrical problem in the circuit for that warning light.

Checking the ECM or CCM for trouble codes is a fool's errand in this instance as the "check gauges" light has nothing to do with any fault codes set in the CCM or the ECM or any other onboard computer with self-diagnostics.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom