Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check this out...'75 GranSport?!

OldSkool

I know it's not real, but I'm digging this paint scheme on this '75.

I'm not too hot on the wheels, they look much more at home on a Jeep, but otherwise I think the car looks cool.

http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/out.php?id=10847

DSCN5931.JPG

Mike

That's funny. I had originally posted this w/a pic of the car. I like how they changed it to thier logo to scam some free advertising.

i like it,but the stripes really look long for some reason,kind of stretched out,but nontheless i like it.

I like the Grand Sport colour scheme but he should have spent a little more on the wheels.

patsnitrovette said:
i like it,but the stripes really look long for some reason,kind of stretched out,but nontheless i like it.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Then I realized it's not that the stripes are excessively long, it's the nose of the car is excessively long!! The stripes really accentuate that.

i think they went a little too far with the white stripe and I am not getting the red stripes on one side. I do like the white stripe, just not all the way into the license plate.

oceangal said:
i think they went a little too far with the white stripe and I am not getting the red stripes on one side. I do like the white stripe, just not all the way into the license plate.
I agree.

Yeah, if they had terminated the white stripe just above the point of the body line below the headlights if would look better.

The red stripes replicate the ones on the '96 Grand Sport, which was inspired by the real GS race cars of the 60's.

IIRC, the story behind the strips is that they were running more than one Vette with that paint scheme. The red slash marks were to tell them apart at a distance.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom