Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Checked out some solid axles in NY

vintagecorvette

Corvette
1963 Fuelie coupe, 1963 roadster
I went to a dealer in NY (Gullwing motors) a couple days back to look at a 1958 they had for sale. While I was there I checked out some others cars. Here are some pictures. The flamed car was really neat, the black 58 was rough. I found some evidence that the car spent time in Canada.

Overall: Over priced cars that need major work. Most of the cars that they sell are pretty rough.

The 1966 was the cleanest Vette there.
DSC01390.JPG

DSC01391.JPG

DSC01392.JPG

DSC01393.JPG

DSC01394.JPG

DSC01395.JPG

DSC01396.JPG

DSC01397.JPG

paul67 said:
Is that a shag rug in the 1958? What were the prices?

Paul67

The blue flamed car was a 1959 complete with shag house carpet. A real beauty. It was sold, i think the owner said $34000.
The black.silver 1958 smelled like chicken S*%t and was really rough. $34500.
The blue flamed 59 was pretty cool. A nice period car.

The 1966 was $36500. There was also a 1959 for $42000 I did not photo as well as another 1966 roadster for $3600 and a 1961. The other midyear had an ecklers nose and was rough.

Thank you for the reply. Makes me believe the recent re-appraisal of my 1967 is a wee bit high but not outrageous.

vintagecorvette said:
I found some evidence that the car spent time in Canada. [/qoute]

Did you find a toque under the seat, eh?

If it was originaly sold in Canada, records are available from GM Canada.
Options, color, dealer etc, all on a nice document for about $20 (was).

Max

I actually found a Canadian Nickel under the seat. The door panels were mounted with robertson screws and it has a Wilson rebuild generator.

I am not sure if the GM records go back as far as 1958. Someone else might know for sure.

oWEN

vintagecorvette said:
I actually found a Canadian Nickel under the seat. The door panels were mounted with robertson screws and it has a Wilson rebuild generator. oWEN

Now if you had found some duct tape I'd have to believe the car at one time belonged to the famous Canadian handyman Red Green.

I didn't notice the Possum Lodge Parking permit on the windshield, or the Propane Conversion, definately not Red's Car.

Tom M

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom