Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Press Release: Chevrolet Begins Shipping 2014 Corvette Stingray

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Chevrolet Begins Shipping 2014 Corvette Stingray

All-new Stingray Coupes rolling out of Bowling Green plant for dealers nationwide

2013-09-18
GM Media

attachment.php

[h=4]Chevrolet announces it will begin shipping 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray vehicles to dealers nationwide
Wednesday, September 18, 2013. A truckload of 2014 Corvette Stingrays leaves the General Motors Bowling
Green Assembly plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, where the Corvettes are made. The plant has produced
approximately 1,000 Corvette Stingrays for customer deliveries. Most of these vehicles are expected to arrive
at dealers within the next few weeks. (Photo by Joe Imel)
[/h] BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – Chevrolet today began shipping the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe to dealers.

“It’s an amazing sight to see the transporters filled with Stingrays heading to customers in all corners of the country,” said Dave Tatman, plant manager of General Motors’ Bowling Green Assembly plant. “The pride at Bowling Green is overwhelming and it shows in the tremendous quality and attention to detail going into each one of these new Corvettes.”

Bowling Green Assembly has produced approximately 1,000 Corvette Stingrays for customer deliveries. Most of these vehicles are expected to be delivered to dealers within the next few weeks. To expedite delivery, vehicles may be shipped out of build sequence, which is a normal part of any new vehicle launch.

The Bowling Green facility underwent a $131-million upgrade to support production of the Corvette Stingray, including approximately $52 million for a new body shop to manufacture the car’s all-new aluminum frame in-house for the first time.

The lightweight aluminum frame is the foundation for the most powerful standard Corvette ever, with an SAE-certified 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 460 lb-ft of torque (624 Nm) – and 460 horsepower (343 kW) and 465 lb-ft (630 Nm) with the available performance exhaust system. It is also the most capable standard Corvette ever, with Z51-equipped models able to sprint from 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds, run the quarter-mile in 12 seconds at 119 mph, achieve 1.03g in cornering grip and stop from 60 mph in 107 feet.

Complementing its performance capability with efficiency, the Corvette Stingray delivers the best fuel economy of any sports car on the market – an EPA-estimated 17 mpg in city driving and 29 mpg on the highway. No other car offers more than 455 horsepower and greater than 29 mpg on the highway.

The 2014 Corvette Stingray is the seventh generation of the sports car, which has been built exclusively at the Bowling Green plant since June 1981.

Pricing for the 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe starts at $51,995 including destination. The Convertible is priced at $56,995 including destination. Production of the Stingray Convertible will begin by the end of this year.

About Chevrolet

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

# # #

Attachments

• BowlingGreenCorvetteDelivery01-medium.jpg
    BowlingGreenCorvetteDelivery01-medium.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 318
Here they come! :happyanim::L:happyanim::L:happyanim::beer:happyanim::thumb:happyanim:

• Admin
Production numbers

Has anyone heard where the factory currently stands for production units per day or hour? At one point in the beginning I heard that they were at 20 per day, but they must be moving faster than that to be where they are now with the total number of units produced.

Last edited:
Iconic plastic/fantastic corvette on the come-back trail!!!!!!!!

I just returned from a awesome trip to BG KY with my BAD to the BONE HALLOWED CAMMER ZR-1.
I trailered a 1969 HONDA CB-750 KO MASTER-4 STROKE M/C for the NCM first MOTORCYCLE EVENT!
I have a very kool collection of just about every kind of documents,articles magazine tests from every major source around the globe @ that time period to honor what SOICHIRO HONDA & CREW
produced that truely changed the two wheel catagory FOUR-EVER MORE!!!! Now i had just scored a
very rare 18 page brochure from Jim VanDorn @ auto masters in BG also.so i picked up this rare
brochure of the LAST ZR-1 4 CAMMER PRODUCED ON APRIL27/28 1995 # 448 DRIVEN TO THE NCM
BY DAVE McLellan to be installed to the museum for it's fit for a KING'S RETIREMENT. we all know
about the awesome GREATNESS of this WORLD BEATING AUTOMOBILE that the general released to the
world in circa 1990! i was sitting @ dave's house between the NCM and the assembly plant on
thursday evening the 19th of sept 2013,which is WENDY'S when i caught a brand new full load of
C7 vettes covered in white protective covers leaving out of the exit of this awesome GM PLANT!
so i grabbed my camera to capture the next load out the gate,and sure enough about 15 minutes
later another one appeared,and so i started snaping pics.the rig stopped across the street@ jerrys
eatery to confirm the load's security before leaving on it's journey to the dropoff point.this was a great feeling to see this iconic automobile back in production after a long period to dial in the new reconfigured assembly plant & this next gen vette.so i was in attendance @ the 60th doing's,
and can only come away in awe of the newest version of america's true sports car,and to the NCM's
dedication to the AWESOME MOTORSPORTS PARK COMING JUST AROUND THE NEXT BEND! and when i showed Jim Van Dorn this article from 1965 that ZORA ARKUS-DUNTOV wrote for hot-rod
revealing a number of OHC designs that he wanted to be considered for production,that were all
shot down by FREDRIC DONNER then top honcho @ GM.this was a major setback in technology.
so when the time came to produce a non push-rod plant the smart boys @ chevrolet pulled some
strings to produce the ALMIGHTY LT5 CAMMER that truely put chevrolet atop the sports car game!
now 25 years later another great moment in the generals history could come to pass as in a wish
from ZORA to PRODUCE A STATE OF THE ART MULTIPLE CAM V8 for world DOMINANCE! one only has to look @ what the general had goin before the collaspe of the mammoth corp in 09.they had
a couple incredible mutiple cam v8 designs ready for the market when they were tragically shelfed.
the diesel utilized no intake or exhaust manifolds with the exhaust coming straight up where the intake would normally be,and there sat a turbo to capture all the energy.and direct-injected to boot! now with the electronic turbo upon us all along with this great design could set the world on fire like the collarbrative effort of the WORLD RECORD LT5 DID back in 89/90.Jim VanDorn let the
cat out of the bag that ZORA'S wish will be granted again very soon.MID ENGINE BE DAMMED! i can
only hope this is true,because in 2016 ford motor co is unleashing a flat-plane crankshaft in their
modular DOHC V 8.this is very serious buisness folks.porsche & ferrari are on to this already.one only needs to look@ the completely modernized tonawanda engine assembly plant since 1937 to
know the capability of this awesome assembly plant to be capable of producing a series of DOHC
PLANTS THAT COULD RULE THE WORLD! THE C7 CORVETTE DESERVES THE BEST.if the corvette is
to be accepted by the porsche & lotus buyers of the world,then a ultra high reving BEAST needs to
live between the rails for DOMINANCE ONCE AGAIN! and a new ultra name for this ultimate vette
needs to come forward for the current folks who invented it to truely show that GM CAN DO IT!
I have the ultimate respect for the venerable push-rod chevy v8,but this cannot by itself put the
corvette back atop because all the other manufacturers are all producing multiple cam designs,that
most owe to the AWESOME LT5 back in 1990.LET US ONLY HOPE THEY SEE THE LIGHT REAL SOON.
RESPECTFULLY ROCKET-REX LEGENDARY M/C TUNER-RACER-RIDER MAN.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom