Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Chip or Programmer for LT4 ? what do you use?

1996 LT4 Topic

guitarbare

Corvette
1990 ZR1 Dark Red / 1957 C1 Red /Red 1996 Grand Sp
I own a 96 GS LT4 there are two ways to program the the main unit by a chip from Jet or a programmer from Hypertech..

which one is better? any and all responses appreciated

Larry

If you have made any mods to your GS, having the computer reprogrammed by a good tuner would be better. Taking it to a good dyno tuner would be the best.
I have used FastChip http://www.fastchip.com in Tulsa before and was very happy.

Check around your area for a good shop with a chassis dyno and computer savy.

I went w/ a mail order tune from www.pcmforless.com

Check 'em out...they have an excellent reputation w/ proven results on LTx cars.

I use the programmer from Tunercat. It is no longer available, they sold the rights to Jet and its now called Jet Dynamic Tuner. Another option is the LTedit programmer.

There is a tuner in NC that has a very good reputation, and they do dyno tuning. Seems like the place is called Carolina Auto Masters. The guys at Advanced Induction use them so they must know what they are doing.

:w
:pat

I could be wrong but I thought that a '96 could not be chipped? Only up to 1995 could you physically replace the chip. But in 1996 GM changed the design so you could not remove the chip and replace it with another one. Accordingly, the entire PCM has to be sent out or you take the car to a turner who can program it on site.

Trebor

If you have a stock engine or just a couple of bolt-on mods, the Hypertech programmer works great. I have one and used it until my mods started to add up.

When I finished all my modding, I went with Brian at
http://www.pcmforless.com for a mail-order tune. Vette runs fast and great now. They have super customer service and are very affordable.

SAVE THE :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom