Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{CHMSL}I just realized my car is not the only one...

No AeroBody bumpers came with the cut out. If you had a convertible you cut the bumper and reused the orrigional bezel. My yellow '87 convertible has the cutout for the brake light. The '88 coupe has it on top of the rear hatch.

I agree with Arnold, that's my understanding but the bezel was not part of the kits so I'm not sure where it came from.

No AeroBody bumpers came with the cut out. If you had a convertible you cut the bumper and reused the orrigional bezel. My yellow '87 convertible has the cutout for the brake light. The '88 coupe has it on top of the rear hatch.

I agree with Arnold, that's my understanding but the bezel was not part of the kits so I'm not sure where it came from.

The bezel is a GM part and is the stock third brake light (CHMSL) housing/painted bezel. It would have trasferred over when changed from original. :cool

And now we have the rest of the story...mystery solved :)

The bezel is a GM part and is the stock third brake light (CHMSL) housing/painted bezel. It would have trasferred over when changed from original. :cool

So what I get out of this is:

If its a coupe, CHMSL should be on the roof, not on the bumper.
Only up through the 1990 model year. For 1991, coupes (except the ZR-1) had the CHMSL moved to the rear bumper from up on top.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom