Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Choke Heater Issue

berry1133@bellsouth.net

Hello guys. I noticed today that my electric choke on my Holley 600cfm is not opening. I also hear like a buzzing/whining noise coming from the relay under the center console. Could it be that the relay is going bad? Any troubleshooting suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Here is the print for an 81-

http://www.nrjvette.com/johdotukset/Chevy Corvette 1981.pdf

Check for power at the LT Blu wire at the choke heater for a start. I usually print the diagrams, tape them together in the correct relationship and get busy tracking the system I'm looking at with a handful of different color highlighter pens.

You can check the wire at the choke for 12 volts DC with the ignition key in run or start. If voltage is there, then at least the juice is making it through. The buzzing, I guess would require a new choke relay.

Thanks got the responses. I don't have any power at the choke. That's what led me to the relay. Any way to troubleshoot relay?

Hello guys. I replaced the choke heater relay and now it's operating as it should. I am still getting a buzzing from the new relay when vehicle is running. Any suggestions on what I should check?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom