Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chome Plating

Bwmurph

Corvette
'59 Blk/Red, '12 Crystal Red GS
Hi All,

I have a friend who is looking to have the bumpers from his '65 Conv. re-chromed. He would like to keep it local to the DE, SoutheastPA, MD, Southern NJ area if at all possible.

Anyone have someone they could recommend ?

I used the guy up in NE Phila 10 years ago and was not that impressed with him: some parts were great, others had to go back two and three times.

Thanks,

Bernie O.

I used Pauls Chrome out near Pittsburgh, very satisfied

I use "Space Coast Plating" in Titusville Fla!! I've known the owners for 20 + years!!! When they were just low paid Working Stiffs at Far-Mac Plating in Melbourne Fla!! These guy's (Terry and Ron) have literally Salvaged hundreds of Mangled and Rusty Bumpers and Pitted Chrome parts for me when Space Coast was just a Pipe Dream!!!! Yes,they can do plastic Interment Cluster Chrome plating too!!! Everything they've done for me has been SHOW Quality!!! Not Cheep,But Perfection is not Cheep!!!!!:upthumbs

There's a place in Fall River, MA that has an excellent reputation, although I've never had reason to use them...yet. Here's their contact info:

http://nu-chrome.com/overview.htm

I had my hockey sticks and shifter plated by Librandi's (in Middletown, PA?) and the work was beautiful. Withstood the recent shop fire without any damage. Very expensive though. I'm in the process of disassembling the car and plan on having nearly all of the chrome redone. Looking at Martins (aka Charger Metal Works, 2127 Margaret St, Phila, 215-331-5565) to do the work. I have no direct experience with them, but they come highly recommended by my body shop based on past experience. They're probably expensive as well. Other forum threads have advised to stay away from Frankford plating in Phila.
Good luck!:beer

Thanks to everybody for your replies, I'll pass it on

Bernie O.

AH...DONT

JUST GOT MY BUMPERS BACK FROM NU CHROME ...BUMPERS THAT WERE ONCE SMOOTH AND STRAIGHT ARE NOW WAVEY..... MORE TO FOLLOW..

Glad to hear things worked out well for you. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

AH???

NOT WELL FOR ME.....THE CHROME JOB CAME BACK VERY WAVEY..WHEN IT WAS SMOOTH BEFORE.....NOW THE DETECTIVE WORK TO SEE IF THEY WERE ACTUALLY MINE...I WILL POST MORE WHEN I HAVE DEFINITE ANSWERS..I DONT WANT TO BAD MOUTH ANYONE WITH OUT MORE INFO ON MY SIDE.....

NOT WELL FOR ME.....THE CHROME JOB CAME BACK VERY WAVEY..WHEN IT WAS SMOOTH BEFORE.....NOW THE DETECTIVE WORK TO SEE IF THEY WERE ACTUALLY MINE...I WILL POST MORE WHEN I HAVE DEFINITE ANSWERS..I DONT WANT TO BAD MOUTH ANYONE WITH OUT MORE INFO ON MY SIDE.....

Yikes! Hadn't thought of that. :ugh I have a whole bunch of stuff that will be going to the chromer real soon. I'll have to do some creative etching in some hidden places to ensure that the parts I get back are the ones I give them. Hope all works out for you.
Jeff

Yikes! Hadn't thought of that. :ugh I have a whole bunch of stuff that will be going to the chromer real soon. I'll have to do some creative etching in some hidden places to ensure that the parts I get back are the ones I give them. Hope all works out for you.
Jeff
Pauls Chrome puts the owners initials inside the pieces just for that reason.

Sorry about that - I misread I guess.
Thanks for the post, and I really hope your issues are resolved without further expense.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom