Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

chrome plating ??

C

cmegga

Anybody have any idea on a good shop that will do chrome plating?? I am tring to find someplace that can dip or plate my stcok aluminum rims.

I like the rims and want to keep a close to stock look. I just cant deal with the oxidation and dull look of the aluminum any longer. I have to clean them every three weeks after about 2hrs to get rid of all that oxidation, and they never shine as well as I would like them too.

Im in New York if anyone has an Idea of a good place on in the north east that will be abke to do this. So far Ive only located one shop in CA and it will cost more in shipping then actually getting them plated.

Librandis Plating 93 Airport Road Middletown ,PA
ph# 717- 944-9442 I have never dealt with these guys,but I see them at Corvettes Carlisle every year.From what I hear they do good work.

cmegga,

I had mine done at Sandy's right in Syracuse. If you'd like to come over and take a look at mine , your more than welcome.

I was pleased with their work and price.

Let me know.

Rick

Ray,

I just looked them up The actual name is " Sandy's Bumper Mart"

Phone# 315-472-8149

Guess I should've added that to the first posting.

Mine was done 4 or 5 years ago and still looks great.

Let me know how you make out.

Another place here in Syracuse that did a friends Harley is

B&L Custom, 315-455-1025 I've never dealt with them but he was pretty happy with their work too.

Rick

I've had poor results when chrome plating older, used aluminum. Seems the grease-grime-oil-smutz holds tenaciously in the pores ... later the plating bubbles-lifts from those areas. Old steel does fine. I never had wheels done ... only motor parts by high-end platers ... maybe engine heat also played role, but I'd be even more hesitant in salty environs. Others may've had good results.
JACK:gap

Thanks Ralleyred. Ill give those guys a try. Maybe Ill see arouund this summer Im down to Sylvan Beach every other weekend or so. Looking forward t the vettes at the beach this year, I was really suprised with how many were there last summer.

cmegga,

Jack bring's up a good point, all my chome work has been bumper's. My friend's harley was also steel part's , so make sure you talk to whoever you have do the plating and ask them about doing your wheel's. I'd hate to see you spend the money then have problem's later.

I didn't make it to Vette's on the beach last year, but was there 2 year's ago along with 300 other's.

I'll see you there one of these days.

Rick

hotrodd,

I'm confused, are you saying clearcoat over the chrome?
May work, but seems to me that people have more trouble with clearcoated wheel's than regular chromed wheels.

Check with your plater though and let everyone know how you make out.

Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom