Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Citizen's Arrest!

• Thread starter Thread starter tlong
  • Start date Start date
Anybody who has an old vette does a helluva lot more than just wax to even be able to crank it up. That guy was 'special' with 7 years of deferred maintenance, and the mere fact that it WAS RUNNING despite the neglect is a testament to its quality! They just look so sad ragged out.

Nancy

tlong said:
Anybody who has an old vette does a helluva lot more than just wax to even be able to crank it up. That guy was 'special' with 7 years of deferred maintenance, and the mere fact that it WAS RUNNING despite the neglect is a testament to its quality! They just look so sad ragged out.

Nancy

Paint does not help performance how do you know that it has seven years worth of neglect, Perhaps he street races and the smoky rat look is a ruse to lure people in!

Mike

Who would even want to run a rat-car? What glory in winning??

Larry

Yeah- that's it- he was sandbagging. The fake coolant steam billowing from the wheel well was the clincher. It was really a 572 with a drag tranny waiting on me, Nancy, to give him some crap about his trashed out vette then thouroughly spank me.

Step away from the hookah...

tlong said:
Shame! I know it's just a car yada yadda yadda but there are plenty of old Mustangs to let go to hell... Worst C4 I've ever seen in person.

I'm hitting mine with Zaino and new Mobil 1 this weekend to counter-balance the universe.
Well said!!! Yadda, yadda, my foot! Let the Mustangs rot (and I'm an old Mustanger at heart - my brother used to run me around in his souped up '68).

To anyone who cares enough to own a Vette, it's not just a car. I'm glad enough Vette owners care so that the universe will continue to remain balanced.

But keep offering to buy and rebuild those abused Vettes! They deserve it!

Mike…. Mike…… Mike…..There is a huge difference between driving your corvette in the winter and maintaining it ,,That guy just treated his corvette badly I seen Civics and mustangs treated better then that.

I ran across my 87 vert about 7 months ago. The car was basically a beater looking for a fence to lean against. Previous owner of 11 years did change the oil every few years. Thank goodness for Mobil 1. Dash, steering wheel, door panels, carpets, seats were trash.
The owner and a buddy had repainted the car and it was a study in "orange peel".
The car ran good and the engine was tight (240 throbbing horsepower)

You should see it now! Certainly its not a show car, but it is now a very nice, presentable daily driver, and I'm proud of it. I could have bought a new Corvette, but there would be no challenge. Ready to do another one!!!

Dakota kid said:
Mike…. Mike…… Mike…..There is a huge difference between driving your corvette in the winter and maintaining it ,,That guy just treated his corvette badly I seen Civics and mustangs treated better then that.

They are just cars, an old corvette does not deserve any different treatment than a mustang. Civics are a different story; if I was in charge their owners would be shot, deported, or shot and deported. Goes for any other asian vehicle owner!

aboatguy said:
if I was in charge their owners would be shot, deported, or shot and deported. Goes for any other asian vehicle owner!

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't own an asian car but at least now I know in my own mind that I don't need to pay attention to your opinions. I respected your "badge of honor" winter driver deal but I guess the opinions go deeper than that.

Best,
Jeff

JRMaroon said:
Thanks for clearing that up. I don't own an asian car but at least now I know in my own mind that I don't need to pay attention to your opinions. I respected your "badge of honor" winter driver deal but I guess the opinions go deeper than that.

Best,
Jeff

I never claimed that a Corvette was my dream car and to be honest it is not my first choice of vehicle. I was looking for a 96 Impala SS; however, they retained their resale value and are expensive in good condition, whereas a C4 in excellent condition is relatively inexpensive so I bought one, discovered the stock performance was dismal and have been modifying ever since. I have had many cars and am proud that none of them have been Asian. Why would driving to work in the snow be a badge of honor, my car handles great in the snow?

IMO, one of the main problems with our economy is people no-longer believe in the adage "Buy American". Soon we will be like Britain, a large percentage of our population will be on the dole and foreigners will own our major industrial icons. IE BMW owns Rolls and Mini, VW owns Bentley, Ford own Jaguar etc.
So to make this short, I believe people that continually buy imports are selling out their fellow Americans.
\\
JMHO

Mike

aboatguy said:
I never claimed that a Corvette was my dream car and to be honest it is not my first choice of vehicle. I was looking for a 96 Impala SS; however, they retained their resale value and are expensive in good condition, whereas a C4 in excellent condition is relatively inexpensive so I bought one, discovered the stock performance was dismal and have been modifying ever since. I have had many cars and am proud that none of them have been Asian. Why would driving to work in the snow be a badge of honor, my car handles great in the snow?

IMO, one of the main problems with our economy is people no-longer believe in the adage "Buy American". Soon we will be like Britain, a large percentage of our population will be on the dole and foreigners will own our major industrial icons. IE BMW owns Rolls and Mini, VW owns Bentley, Ford own Jaguar etc.
So to make this short, I believe people that continually buy imports are selling out their fellow Americans.
\\
JMHO

Mike

Make my year, and sell me your vette for 100. dollars..Any vette is a dream car in my book.:beer

Dakota kid said:
Make my year, and sell me your vette for 100. dollars..Any vette is a dream car in my book.:beer

100 bucks I have a Chevrolet not some POS Lexus!

Dakota Kid IMO, one of the main problems with our economy is people no-longer believe in the adage "Buy American". Soon we will be like Britain, a large percentage of our population will be on the dole and foreigners will own our major industrial icons. IE BMW owns Rolls and Mini, VW owns Bentley, Ford own Jaguar etc.
\\
I would guess that you have not looked at the parts that are in your car.. Made in Mexico or brazil or thialand most are only assembled here anymore... and the computer probably came from China

Mike R;LOL

Steady, lads... aboatguy is just making waves and everyone knows Corvette drivers wave at each other, right? :w

-Mac

I_R_DA_ONE said:
Dakota Kid IMO, one of the main problems with our economy is people no-longer believe in the adage "Buy American". Soon we will be like Britain, a large percentage of our population will be on the dole and foreigners will own our major industrial icons. IE BMW owns Rolls and Mini, VW owns Bentley, Ford own Jaguar etc.
\\
I would guess that you have not looked at the parts that are in your car.. Made in Mexico or brazil or thialand most are only assembled here anymore... and the computer probably came from China

Mike R;LOL
I haven't found any Chinese parts on my 95 Corvette, there are Australian and Canadian parts on it, however, a lot of American cars have been built in Canada and that has been the case for a LOOOOOONG time. Even the old 1970 454 SS of my high school years was built with many Canadian parts however, the US and Canadian economies were synergistic, using low cost third world labor is not good for the average American.

However, we are digressing, many old C4s are sub 7K cars and currently used as transportation and I am glad of that. The more C4s that get destroyed is good for the future resale values of the surviving C4s, however, this will be sometime in the distant future.

Mike

Mac said:
Steady, lads... aboatguy is just making waves and everyone knows Corvette drivers wave at each other, right? :w

-Mac

I don't make waves I leave a wake here's an old pic from the NAG (Northern Arabian Gulf:L

ECHOPAPA01.jpg

aboatguy said:
I haven't found any Chinese parts on my 95 Corvette, there are Australian and Canadian parts on it, however, a lot of American cars have been built in Canada and that has been the case for a LOOOOOONG time. Even the old 1970 454 SS of my high school years was built with many Canadian parts however, the US and Canadian economies were synergistic, using low cost third world labor is not good for the average American.

However, we are digressing, many old C4s are sub 7K cars and currently used as transportation and I am glad of that. The more C4s that get destroyed is good for the future resale values of the surviving C4s, however, this will be sometime in the distant future.

Mike

The starter and the stock wheels on your 95 come from Japan.

Save The Wave! :w

Great picture, aboatguy! Who won that race? :L

-Mac

Mac said:
Great picture, aboatguy! Who won that race? :L

-Mac
:L It wasn't a race we were only doing about 48 kts, the picture was taken from the another MKV on the way home after a long night in the NAG.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom