Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! Classic Chevrolet Sugarland Wrecked My Z06 and Don't w

What with all the legaleze and pain in the butt of having to deal with "diminished value" (If it's allowed in the OP's State, I would have taken the "New car for $15,000" Alex.)
Having only $15,000 in a new C6 Corvette mean you stand to make $35,000 to $40,000 by selling it. These are numbers you WON'T see from your attorney (especially after their "cut.")

Yup, I'd have taken the new Corvette for $15K. I might even have held a raffle for Rady Children's Hospital with it. Or maybe some other reputable charity. Something like $35 per chance or so.
I see a win-win here.

Hey where did the OP go?

1 post and they're gone? Sheesh!:ugh

Norty, you seem a bit confused. I have to give them my Z06 and $15,000 to get a new one. I'm not getting an additional car. Mine had 6600 miles on it and I really didn't want to spend $15,000 on a new car I didn't need.

Threads do develop a life of their own for sure. :L

Sorry, I haven't been back. I've been a bit busy and more than a bit distracted by all of this.

There are people that specialize in determining diminished value. I know of a couple here in Houston. If anyone wants that info shoot me a pm.

The lawyer I am using is a trial/criminal lawyer and someone I've known for a while. A letter has been sent to Classic and we'll go from there. I'll update when there's anything to tell. They have 60 days to respond to the letter.

And, Hib, Cashs_mom is a she. ;)

I see that GM reached out to you up above. Pretty unusual move, but nice to see. Did you call them?

I see that GM reached out to you up above. Pretty unusual move, but nice to see. Did you call them?

Oh, yeah. I called. And they called back. And back again. Basically, they told me they thought that the offer of a new Z06 for only $15,000 out of pocket was a good deal and they didn't much care whether I liked it or not.

Last edited:
This is not the first time that some dealer somewhere has accidentally damaged a customer's car. The fact that it's a Corvette and is your personal 'baby' is not really relevant from a legal point of view. You and a lawyer will need to prove what the diminished value is, if any, given the description provided. You might just end up spending more in time and trouble than you'll ever get back.

Joining a discussion board to trash a dealer will not work in your favour if things go to court.

I was posting to give others a heads up that they might not want to use this dealer. I'm old enough to realize that stuff happens. It's how you handle it afterwards that really matters and they have not handled it well. If they didn't handle this one well, they probably won't handle any of them well. Corporate culture usually doesn't change from one transaction to another and I was not impressed with the corporate culture of this dealership. I'm using Lonestar from now on just because they tend to do a better job of the aftermath of a problem.

Oh, yeah. I called. And they called back. And back again. Basically, they told me they thought that the offer of a new Z06 for only $15,000 out of pocket was a good deal and they didn't much care whether I liked it or not.

And yet they wonder why Toyota's eating their lunch...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom