Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clay Bar

You can clay it as often as you want, however a couple times a year should be more than sufficient.

So Far this thread doesn't make sense. The reason to "clay bar" paint is to remove the imperfections and crap in the paint. So once it is done there is no reason to re-do it :ugh unless as indicated - re clear coated.

After that it is just - Wax on - Wax off :beer

i10fwy

I heard this from an old "Waxer" a number of years ago, and I still give it a try once in a while and have gotten away from Clay Barring unless absolutely needed..

Take a plastic bag (Walmart, Target, Albertsons etc..) and with your hand inside run it over the paint. Should the bag catch or not move across the paint/body smoothly then it is catching on contaminants ~ Clay Bar is probably needed ;) Test afterwards and you will see a remarkable difference :dance...

I used to be more energetic and "Enjoyed" spending all day cleaning and pampering my Cars... now it is WORK so I sometimes have fallen back on another old trick.. Use Klasse All In One, and after a few naps maybe even a day later or more I put a good coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze, or something similar.. Seams to hold up for the rest of the driving season :Steer

Bud

The frequency of clay barring is roughly proportional with the amount of time the car is parked under trees.

So Far this thread doesn't make sense. The reason to "clay bar" paint is to remove the imperfections and crap in the paint. So once it is done there is no reason to re-do it :ugh unless as indicated - re clear coated.

After that it is just - Wax on - Wax off :beer

i10fwy

The clay removes junk that gets stuck to the paint...treepi$$ and the like. Like Bud explained, the check is the plastic bag test. Generally, once a year is good.

clay bar

just got a grand sport, and a person I unfortunately know, who knows EVERYTHING, ABOUT EVERYTHING, ABOUT EVERYTHING, told me I was a fool to clay my car. after reading the forums, guess I am not stupid! HOPE THE FOOL ACROSS THR STREET READS THIS!!!!!!!!!!:happyanim:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom