Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cleaning model cars paint

• Thread starter Thread starter corvettecrazy
  • Start date Start date
C

corvettecrazy

I was wondering if cleaners, polishes, waxes, etc are suitable to use on model car paint? One of my models (the one with lights) got some smaller scratchs on it and I was wondering if I could take some car care products and clean it up a bit.

and pros, cons or things I should know about this?

I would think it would work well. Just dont rub to hard. I also read somewhere that there is a special wax available for MODELS!!!!! GO FIGURE!!!!!:w

Call me crazy but when I was a wee one, I would take an old sock and stick my index finger down it, dipped in wax, and polish up my 1/25th scale MPC cars. Never hurt 'em and they came out looking good.

I guess I know what I am doing tomorrow afternoon then!

I bought some stuff about a year ago from a local hobby shop, it's called Novus polish. It's mainly for plastic kits, and works fabulous! I did a bunch of kits I have and they came out great. Don't know if you can use it on metal, they make a polish for metal models but forgot the name... Here's the link to their website if interested.. http://www.novuspolish.com/

Novus is the way to go !

I bought a polishing kit from www.micromark.com. They have all sorts of small tool stuff

I wax my plastic models, promos, and diecast with the same Meguires wax that I use on the full size cars. Just don't use a cleaner wax on the chromed plastic bumpers.

I forgot to post a reply but I cleaned my car that has 16 LED's in it. I scratch X's it, polished it, then put a coat of gold class car wax on it. I have to say that it looks AMAZING. better than any of my other models.

Truck Guy said:
Meguiars actually makes a kit for around $25.00

gmp9020.jpg

I was begining to think I had gone overboard with the diecast models, but this makes me feel way better:L

I still have a long way to go:D But I will be waxing the scratch off my 78 pacecar this afternoon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom