Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cleaning White Convertible Top

wwood

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Roadster
Looking for hints on cleaning a white convertible top. I have tried the usual of various household soaps with brushes etc. What I'm really hoping for is that someone will have come across a commercial cleaner which works well for a white top. Many thanks.

We have two Corvettes with white vinyl tops, and I've been using a common household product, Soft Scrub with Bleach, on them once or twice a year. I wet the top, squirt Soft Scrub all over the top, then scrub with a hard-bristled brush. Rinse very well and you'll find it really brightens up the white top! I don't use it on a very regular basis as I'm a tiny bit leary of the bleach weakening the threads, but I think once or twice a year won't hurt.

I'm moving this post to the Care & Detailing section.

Elaine

We just had a new (white) vinyl top put on this past year so I have the same question.

We also have a boat with white vinyl seats and have found a good cleaner/polish called Starbrite Vinyl Polish. I did try it on the old vinyl top and it helped a little, but that top was just too far gone. On our boat seats it will get most stains off (and also continues to work for a day or two after it's been applied).

Interesting though, I just searched the internet to find a link to the Starbrite stuff and found this: http://www.boatersreport.com/Leather%20Cleaner/vinyl_cleaner_chart_overall_score.htm?gid=6

Maybe it's time to try a couple of these other brands...
Barb :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom