Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clock Help

B

Bad65

Who would think setting a clock would be so hard....I need help. Every time I set it a few hours later its running too fast or too slow. What is the trick to getting it to set right? Thanks!

Rick (rbyrne) is right on the money here. Those old points clocks were not very accurate. Like any old clock they have wear areas on the shafts which also get dry and the points get worn too. A quality rebuild will help it a lot. If you need a reliable clock the quartz kit is the way to go. An NCRS judge will look at your clock to see if it is moving steady or jerking like a quartz though. Ot's a small deduction.

Tom

OK, this is not too difficult, but it requires some patience. If you have an owners manual, it tells you how to do it there.
Basically, when you reset the time ahead (cause it was slow), there is a mechanism inside that speeds the clock up (tightens up on the balance spring). When the clock runs too fast and you have to set it back, the reverse happens.
You have to move the time in the direction you want in small increments (2-3 minutes at a time), and then see how it works. I now have mine set where I only have to re-adjust the time every few weeks. Used to be every day. Took a lot of time to get to that point.

Don't ever disconnect the battery though - you'll have to go through it all over again!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom