Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clocks

T

ted

Help'' Does anyone know how to set the clock on the car radio of an 81. It has the cb package if that helps. Nothing in the owners manuel.. Sometimes being Polish is tough..

clocks

Thinking over my small problem compared to others, is it possible there were no clocks on the radios in the early 80's??

Re: clocks

ted said:
Thinking over my small problem compared to others, is it possible there were no clocks on the radios in the early 80's??

Ted,
Are you referring to a clock on the radio "face"
or the clock in the insturment cluster?

I believe it involves pulling out on the radio preset levers One of them does HOURS, one does MINUTES.
Pull and hold and the nimbers start to change.
The radio needs to be turned off when you do this ( I think )

Good Luck,
Kevin

Kevin is correct, that's how mine worked. I still have the original AM/FM 8 Track in a box. I replaced it last year with newer audio technology.

Tom

Thanks Kevin, you were right on the money. The seek button controls the hour and the scan button controls the minutes. All is set and running fine. The buttons just pull out accordingly. Thanks also to Tom, and Tom.

Tomlin

I thought my wife was the only one to actually have an 8 track in her '81. Would you believe that she ordered it that way? Am I right that in '81 the oil temp guage became standard equipment and the clock was moved to the radio readout in all Corvettes?

Btw, how are things down in Wopak? I get down there once or twice a week to a liqued nitrogen customer out by US 33.

Tom

[Edited by 59Tom on 02-02-2001 at 01:54 PM]

Tom, things in Wapak are cold tonite!!! Other than that we are surviving waiting for spring to break out the Vettes again. If you seea Mahogany 81 running around here that's me. I've got the omly 81 in town.

Tom

Toms with '81s

Toms with '81s :s What a concept!!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom