Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cloth seats

• Thread starter Thread starter beige81
  • Start date Start date
B

beige81

I've read comments often that indicate that getting cloth seat upholstering is improbable. Well, I found a local guy who has an identical material as the original...color, texture, design...and did the job for much less than the leather seat covers from the VETTE distributors. This was a real win-win for me as I want to keep the car near to original as practical, and I'd like to have some money left for the mortgage payment. Just so you'all 'd know.;)

Beige, I also have cloth seats and would like to keep them, leather makes me sweat and in an already hot car it'd be even worse. My seats are getting a little worse for wear and was thinking about gettin leather but if this guy is reasonable and does a good job I'd be interested. Did you get new foam too?

Thanks
Chuck

Hey another Chuck here!

I have cloth too and have been trying to fond replacements, they are in OK shape but new would be better.

How much for new with foam or send his email address or web site. Thanks in advance

Chuck2 :w

I did not get new foam. Cost was $220.
Will insert pictures when available.
This guy is very good; in business for many years, has done other autos for me. Ken's upholstery in Seneca, SC. One week turnaround. regards jim

Jim.... I wish I'd seen this before I spilled for the leather upgrade last summer. I have/had the hideous "Cinnabar" cloth. But like most, gave up years ago looking for cloth replacements. I bit the bullet and upgraded to leather. I like them and yeah.... they were a LOT more than $220. I can't wait to see some pictures. Who knows, when these good bad perhaps I'll go back to the cloth again.

........... Nut

cloth seats, ("Nut")

finally got pictures, but how do I send them or post them. I have them (pictures from start of project to end) on a CD from the photo shop. I tried copy/paste..no good. I may have to send it to "Gallery" for you to retrieve there. regards. Jim.
PS...they not only look great, they are much firmer...a great seat.!

Jim... glad they turned out good. I do like my leather upgrade and since my '81 will never be bone stock it really didn't make any difference. I would like to see how they turned out. Maybe when these wear out?

Later............. Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom