Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clutch engaging

nfran2

Corvette
2013 60th Anniversary 427 vert
I just got my new 07 Atomic Orange Convertible w/ MN6 6spd. It seems as if the clutch grabs really quick, right off the floor when taking off. Is this normal for a C6 manual shift? Taking a while to get used to the feel, much different than my 04 was!

Corvettes with manual transmissions have so many problems that one would be better off with the automatic unless they want problems and want to deal with TSB's all the time.

I must disagree with abc, in all the years I have been driving Corvettes I've always driven manuals, no problems.

John E, I agree with you! abc has it ALL wrong! All 5 of my Corvettes have been manual and never had a problem with any of them. Besides, if you want the car to do things for you, like shift, then automatics are for you. So long as they keep making maunal shifts and the knees hold out, I'll be doin' my own shifting :)

Sorry abc, but I too have to disagree. I've had a '65 and now the '05, and never had 1 clutch/transmission problem....other than you guys with the autos beat my butt off the line everytime!!

Sorry abc, but I too have to disagree. I've had a '65 and now the '05, and never had 1 clutch/transmission problem....other than you guys with the autos beat my butt off the line everytime!!
Of course that's where an auto shines:_rock

I must disagree with abc, in all the years I have been driving Corvettes I've always driven manuals, no problems.

Like I previously mentioned me and my sister almost bought a nice 69 Corvette but when we drove it we encountered the following problems:
clutch was too hard to push
Shifter did shift right
Safety hazard getting in and out of that car
Needed new mufflers we told this to owner and he said they were factory and new. It was so loud I couldn't hear my tunes on the stereo:mad and just as bad I couldn't talk to my sister who was right next to me. When my cell phone rang I couldn't hear it ring because it was too noisy.
Couldn't park it because can't see over front hood or rear.
The car bounced us both around like rag dolls and we told the owner this and he said that is the way they were made and he restored it that way. We told him that he was asking too much for a Corvette in this kind of condition that needed the above to be fixed.
Major problem here is that the clutch wouldn't engage for me to shift and even the shifting was impossible.:W Now if all the old Corvettes are like this I sure don't know why so many people will pay this kind of money for that?

John E, I agree with you! abc has it ALL wrong! All 5 of my Corvettes have been manual and never had a problem with any of them. Besides, if you want the car to do things for you, like shift, then automatics are for you. So long as they keep making maunal shifts and the knees hold out, I'll be doin' my own shifting :)
:mad :r :crazy :r

Clutch Engaging

I had the same problem on my 2007. Once it got past the 500 mile mark it improved. It now has 700 miles and is continueing to get easier to operate smoothly.

Clutch

I also have to disagree with ABc; there is something really visceral about driving a muscle car with a stick shift, it just makes you smile with every gear change.:)
I will have to agree though that an automatic is much more convenient when stuck in Chicago or San Diego traffic.

P.S. I see that ABC is interested in body building; maybe the legs need more attention, then the clutch will be easier to depress.;LOL

I also have to disagree with ABc; there is something really visceral about driving a muscle car with a stick shift, it just makes you smile with every gear change.:)
I will have to agree though that an automatic is much more convenient when stuck in Chicago or San Diego traffic.

P.S. I see that ABC is interested in body building; maybe the legs need more attention, then the clutch will be easier to depress.;LOL
My legs are fine. I like to keep in shape.:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom