Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clutch pedal travel

So Bay Vetter

Corvette
1996 Collector LT4
I'm curious where your clutch engages. Mine starts to engage about 3/4 of the way up from the floor and fully engages just before the very top. This seems a bit high on the pedal to me. Since there is no adjustment on clutch pedal travel, I'm assuming I'm about at the end of clutch life but, 58K miles seems a bit too soon for that. Any views are welcome, thanx!

55K and changing clutch, FW and all hydraulics this week. :D Mileage is on the low side but unless you are the original owner or personally know them, you have NO IDEA how the former owner drove the car. It really doesn't take much to wear that disc material down, especially if it's done daily. What I seem to find when I test drove with my orig owner (lady) was that when she drove and shifted from 1 to 4 (thanks GM!:eyerole ), she really slipped that clutch cause she was afraid of stalling it out; hence my point. Prepare for it and upgrade when you do it. You'll be happy when it's all done :upthumbs

I just had my LT4 clutch and Duelmass flywheel replaced after 70,000 miles. Go to www.zfdoc.com and read about bleeding the clutch system on late model C-4's as there is a difference. GM had some quality control problems with the replacement clutch slave. Have the clutch fluid replaced and bleed the system. I was suprised that it is such a hassle just to bleed the system The Right Way. Let us know if this helps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom