Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clutch Recommendations

Gorgon

Corvette
None
Well, I checked with my dealer on what it will cost to replace the clutch in my C5. My car has ~119k miles on it and they have no record of the clutch being replaced so I guess it's about that time. Does anyone have any recommendations for clutch replacement? C5 Z06? C6 Z06? I currently have intake, exhaust and computer work done on my car but am interested in tuning it even more. I doubt I'll get crazy and do any forced induction but am interested in some clutch recommendations for the C5. If I do a performance mod like Remo did with Lingenfelter will I need to beef the clutch?

Thanks,

Leon

Well, I checked with my dealer on what it will cost to replace the clutch in my C5. My car has ~119k miles on it and they have no record of the clutch being replaced so I guess it's about that time. Does anyone have any recommendations for clutch replacement? C5 Z06? C6 Z06? I currently have intake, exhaust and computer work done on my car but am interested in tuning it even more. I doubt I'll get crazy and do any forced induction but am interested in some clutch recommendations for the C5. If I do a performance mod like Remo did with Lingenfelter will I need to beef the clutch?

Thanks,

Leon
Yes sir, I'm happy with mine. SPEC Stage 3+. I was lucky enough to have my tuner install mine. He has done over 40 installs and recommended this one. Ensure to replace the flywheel. Mine is not a real lightweight flywheel, but it is lighter than stock. More important it is a balanced flywheel. You will definitely need to upgrade to support those mods. for sure. Good luck with your decision.
Todd

I'm running the C6 Z06 clutch and its doing great! I have about 10 passes at the track and a lot of "sprited driving" under it's belt. I also have a 402 and this clutch has taken a beating. The pedal effort is is also great for around town driving. I will say that if you go to the tack I would look into a spec. If you go to the track once in a while like I do, then you'll be fine. I hope this helps.

Tony

Ordered LS7 clutch today. I haven't seen any track time with this car in the three years I've owned it but I do a lot of spirited driving. I figure this was the best solution for me and left me some breathing room for a cam upgrade when the time comes.

Leon

Ordered LS7 clutch today. I haven't seen any track time with this car in the three years I've owned it but I do a lot of spirited driving. I figure this was the best solution for me and left me some breathing room for a cam upgrade when the time comes.

Leon

I think you'll love the LS7 clutch. IMO, this clutch will handle a cam all day long! Good luck.

Tony

Leon

Congrats. I've heard good stuff with that one.

Leon
There are alot of fine elements when installing an LS7 clutch into a c5.
Make sure the person you have doing it is VERY VERY DETAILED and they know Corvette. Otherwise, you could have alot of problems.
Allthebest, :hb

There are alot of fine elements when installing an LS7 clutch into a c5.
Make sure the person you have doing it is VERY VERY DETAILED and they know Corvette. Otherwise, you could have alot of problems.
Allthebest, :hb

Thanks for the recommendations. The guy I'll be using is very knowledgeable and experienced with Corvette. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Leon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom