Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

code 33 maf sensor

F

fatboyreyn

Just wanted to let everybody know what just happened with my codee 33 on my 86. I replaced maf sensor(first with a cheap Advance Auto replacement, which took away the code 33 but car wouldn't idle). Took that one back and ordered a Bosch one from Eckler's. While I was waiting for that to arrive I replaced both MAF power relay and MAF burnoff relay, and also installed new harness connector pigtails for relays. I installed new Bosch sensor and STILL had a code 33. Went through the service manual diagnostic chart again, and it kept saying the burn-off relay was bad. I figured a brand new one couldn't be bad, especially since it was a Delco relay. Well I reinstalled the original OEM relay, the code went away and car runs great. Point of story, nowadays new doesn't always mean it works right. And (with Corvettes) it is usually best to go with OEM brand replacement parts. And always follow your GM service manual, even if you have to do the tests 3 or 4 times to make sure you diagnose problem correctly. Hope this story helps somebody else who is throwing a code 33.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom