Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Code to Unlock Radio

J

jdannyr

I own a 2001 Corvette the battery went dead about a week ago. Since I'm deployed to Afghanistan my wife drives it once a week. She had the battery replaced and now she tells me the radio won't work. It is giving her some kind of a message. She checked the owners manuel and found out that she needed a three number code to unlock the radio. My question is where do I find this code?

Thanks for any assistance that you can give me.

Jim Roberts

You do not say if you bought the car new or not. If used, sometimes the last owner will put it in the owners manual. If it is not in there, the car will have to got to the dealer. Make sure when you get the code to write it in the manual. Some dealers charge anywhere from and 1/2 hour to an hour to retrive the code.

Radio Codes

I bought it used in May 05. The wife has checked the owners Manuel there was nothing written in it.

Jim Roberts

Hi, Jim. Although I see you've been with CAC for year, this is clearly your first message to us, so a belated welcome aboard, and thank you for your service!

Regarding the code to unlock the radio, have look at THIS THREAD- in particular, post number 15 which describes the process for unlocking the radio. Here's the dilemma: if the previous owner of your Corvette in put a code, and you have no way of contact the previous owner to find out what the three digit code they put in was, you may have to make a trip to the dealer.

Let us know if this information helps!

:w
-Patrick

Good find.
Thanks, John! :)

-Patrick

Stay safe over there Jim Roberts; before you know it you'll be back to home sweet home. Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER on your first message. Spent 18 months in Southeast Asia back in the mid sixties so I would like to think I can relate some. If I can ever be of any service to you don't hesitate to let me know. We appreicate :BOW your service and sacrifices to our country that we all love so much.

Take care of yourself and before you know it you will be cruis'n in the Vette yourself.

Bill :pat
United State Army (Prior Service)

BTW, I changed the battery on my 2001 Coupe and the XM unit that I have hooked up through the 12 CD Changer cable stopped working.
I dont have a security code set (feature not enabled), and the display did not say INOP or LOC, just a regular display, but when you pressed AUX the XM unit would come on but no sound from speakers.
I was gonna follow the directions in the above link but I found that when I just press preset # 2 and preset #3 (as the start of the directions say), the sound from the AUX channel (the XM) came through (no phone call, no code to enter, just started working).
SO if anyone changes their battery and doesnt have the INOP or LOC display but CD or whatever you have going into AUX fails to work, give those two buttons a try, worked for me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom