Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cold driveability problem

A

Andy C

I have a 1990 6 speed with a cold driveability problem. It starts right up but if the temp is 40 or 50 degrees outside it has a terrible stumble when starting out from a stop and then a hesitation when shifting from gear to gear.
I started out by replacing the air and water temp sensors. After that didn't help, I replaced the TPS, and the MAP sensor because it seemed like a fuel mixture problem. Car is low miles and spark plugs are clean. I'm at a loss as to what to look at next. Distributor/coil/ignition module maybe? How would I check that?
Thanks

Once the car is even partially warmed up and the oxygen sensor comes on line (several minutes is all it needs) it runs fine. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not revving the car when it's ice cold, I'm just driving lightly and getting quite a stumble. It really seemed like a sensor was a little out of whack but since I've replaced all the ones it uses when cold, I guess that's not it.

welcome

I think you are on the right track with a sensor but you will have to read data stream to see witch one is out because the car runs in open loop (limp mode) until the 02 warms up 2min you can try disconnecting battery for a couple of min and the let car warm up and computer will relearn.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom