Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Color sanding

Larry's Yellow Rdstr

Corvette
05 black cpe-Porsche GT3
I've had my 2004 Coupe for a week today, and today I had a real opportunity to see it in bright sunlight. I can't describe the number of fine scratches on the hood and front bumper cover. I don't think they will buff out, and will need color sanding or repainting to look right. If I were a betting man I would say this car was somehow involved in a nasty divorce and someone took revenge on the Corvette. (bought the car on an overcast day and really haven't inspected it until today)

I have done some color sanding in the past with mixed results, but as screwed up as the paint is on this car I probably could'nt hurt it too much. Car runs like new, thats why I bought it.

Question: How many mils thick in the clear coat. The car also has considerable thick orange peel in several places that I could address. I'm getting bad vibes even thinking of sanding the car and probably should get a professional evaluation.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. The car looks great from a distance but get within 10 feet and it looks like a dozen cats slept on the hood nightly.

agentf1

You could always try a small spot with some 3000 and see if it improves the look. If so do the entire hood. I have wet sanded panels before with no problems.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom