Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Commemorative Coupe or Arctic White?

irf

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2004 Arctic White Coupe
I'm picking up a 2004 Coupe this week (can hardly wait!). I'm considering the Arctic White or a 2004 Comemrative Lemans Blue Coupe. I think the shale inerior in the Comm. edition looks great comparted to a black interior for a coupe. I've always owned white cars and the blue looks great, but (don't shoot me for this! ), I don't want to turn "too many" heads and I think the blue is a real head turner compared to the white. Any commemorative owners or white woners out there have any advice? Thanks!

Irf,
I do like the white but you can always see when it is dirty and it's not a paint color you can put a couple of coats of Zaino on and step back and see that shine.....

(I would go blue)

I was talking to a local police officer who owns a viper Red 77 (for sale in super shape and a great deal at 7k and yes Viper red) I degress the really bright blues and reds show up on there radar as a mile or two higher than white and black and other less bright colors.

White shows up all types of road dirt mine gets this black road grime on the back, White blends in with traffic and really doesn't stand out.

good luck on your choice, life is full of tough choices

White is always in style and will never clash with what your wife is wearing.:L It's just a classy look, in my opinion. Blue is more attention getting though. I vote white. Good luck, Tim :w

If you take your car to shows get the CE - any color shows better than white.

As for turning heads, Corvettes turn heads no matter what color they are. Now if you really want to turn heads, put racing stripes on it!!!

As you can tell, I'm partial to blue!;) I'd definitely get the CE (close to the Electron Blue color that we have) rather than white. I disagree, though, that white shows all dirt...the dark colors are much worse in that respect. I love the shale interior, too.

My vote is most definitely for the Commemorative Edition!!!

Elaine

I agree with haZcAT.

My '94 was white. Much harder to keep clean than you'd think.

The Lemans Blue is my second favorite color.

:L

irf said:
.... I don't want to turn "too many" heads and I think the blue is a real head turner compared to the white....
Every Corvette is a head turner ;). It boils down to what do YOU like, however, go with the blue :).

:w
Guy

White is hard to keep clean,seems like I'm always dusting it off . The blue is a fantastic color,and a really good wax job will make it stand out even more. Have you considered spiral grey? I love that color on a C5. :v

I went with White, ( bought it used) dont find it that tough to keep clean!!!! White would be my choice again!!!! Rite after RED!!!!!!!!!:w

I see lots of the CE LeMans Blue Corvettes here in Houston. It is rare to see a White one. White is what I would go with. I would have, but none were avaliable. Enjoy the one you finally decide on, post some pictures.

I ended up ordering the Arctic White Coupe. The Lemans Blue is a great color, probably one of the nicest colors in my opinion, however I have owned a few white cars and have always been very happy with white. The white also came with every possible option I wanted ata great price. I alos like the fact that there aren't so many on the road.

I'll post a picture in a few days. I can hardly wait!:Steer

AW heck wish you had gotton the CE although I'm a little biased as you can see in my sig. Anyway good luck and enjoy.

Whites easy to keep clean. The darker colors are much harder. My black car needs a wash after every drive in the rain. Im also constantly dusting it.

atmmac said:
.... My black car needs a wash after every drive in the rain. Im also constantly dusting it.
Black, it's not a color - it's a career ;LOL.

Congrats, IRF!

:w
Guy

Picked up the white 2004 yesterday....WOW! What a great looking car. I especially like the contrast with the transparent roof and the black interior. The area behind the rear wheels did get pretty dirty the first day, so it looks like that's an area I'll have to work on to keep clean. Overall I'm thrilled with my choice. For those of you with the Lemans Blue I think it's a great color as well. It was a VERY close second. The shale interior and Blue exterior look great.

White is Great (mine is white) it gets dirty behind the rear tires and in the rear lights inset and I find on the c4 the leading edge seems to be a bug killer don't know about the C5, Have fun.......

irf said:
Picked up the white 2004 yesterday....WOW! What a great looking car. I especially like the contrast with the transparent roof and the black interior. The area behind the rear wheels did get pretty dirty the first day, so it looks like that's an area I'll have to work on to keep clean. Overall I'm thrilled with my choice. For those of you with the Lemans Blue I think it's a great color as well. It was a VERY close second. The shale interior and Blue exterior look great.
Congrats, welcome to the 'hood!
Behind the front tires, behind the rear tires, tail light fascia seem to be the most popular dirt spots. Be sure to wipe down those rockers panels you see when opening the door, they seem to catch alot of dirt also given the position of the door seal....and don't forget the bottom of the door on the inside.

At least with white we can tell WHERE it's dirty!

Thanks for the tips. Do you ever need anythign as strong as tar remover to clean behind the wheels or does car soap usually get the job done?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom