Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Competent Crossfire Shop

If you're mechanically
Inclined,read thru the crossfire injection threads and see if something in there can help you

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

A shop well versed in TBI motors and carbs should be able to help. You will have to call around a lot though.

Most of the folks who knew these cars at the dealerships have long since retired. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the ECM and after-market performance Chip causing all the trouble. Replaced those two components and new distributor and cap, she cranked right up. Took her out on the highway today and the only thing I noticed was a very slight "miss", Ping or Stutter when going above 75 MPH. No sound connected to it, you just feel it in the drivetrain. I didn't want to push it so drove around town instead and cannot duplicate it when driving 0-50 MPH around town. No idea if its engine or transmission-related at this point.

If the SES light is not coming on... perhaps it's the torque converter lock up on 4th gear.
I know you just had your tranny done, but it's a possibility.
You should get the lock on 4th... Which would be at that speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"You should get the lock on 4th... Which would be at that speed."

No lights or warnings, Kane. When you can please explain a bit about the Lock on 4th gear you mention, thanks.

"You should get the lock on 4th... Which would be at that speed."

No lights or warnings, Kane. When you can please explain a bit about the Lock on 4th gear you mention, thanks.

The TCC - torque converter control- should activate in 4th gear and (if memory serves me) above 35mph. What that is... is the torque converter electrically locks with the transmission and there is no slip. This means the tq converter and transmission are "locked" together and turn at the same speed. It soldifies the coupling between the tq converter and the input shaft- remember, an automatic transmission's tq converter is usually a fluid coupling. ;)

You may want to make sure it's staying locked. Going into and out of lock repeatedly will feel like a miss or stutter.

Slippage... RPM's will bounce around a few 100 or so if it's falling in and out of lock.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom