Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Competitive Mode 99 frc

L

lamny

:bash ;help :mad I can't seem to get my Active Handling to the competitive mode i tried
When I turned the key, the Active Handling was on, and the DIC said “Active Handling is On.”

Then I tapped the button, and the DIC said “Active Handling is Off.”

Then I held the button down for 5-10 seconds the screen just goes blank the manual says that it should say Competitive Mode.. any help would greatly appreciated.. thanks matt
you can e-mail me also...thank you again in advance..
lamny@optonline.net

thanks for your help... i wish i could get it in comp mode... mabey the frc can't go into comp mode.. i tried it stopped and with thr car running and with the key on and no luck... thanks for your help..Matt

On about half of the 99 FRC's, AH was an option. It is the JL4 option. (production info here)

You can tell for sure by looking in your glovebox at the codes. If you have JL4, you have active handling. Also, I think that if it says "Active Handling is On", then I think it would have it?

I haven't played with my 99 FRC enough to know exactly how this works on mine. I do remember on the 02, that the 5 second press would definitely give the indication that it was in Competition mode.

Maybe something isn't working right?

Tammy

all I have is one button on the center console with the car patching out
on it ,,also i got the code sheet the closestthing i have is JL9.. i think i have to make a trip to the dealer
and pay my hundred dollar deductable.. its not the money i just want my car to function perfectly, thankt to all for all your help . it is greatly apppreciated.
i just hoped someone knew what the fix intailed.. thanks again Matt

Traction Control only...

If the DIC says "Traction Control" on/off then you don't have Active Handling and therefore no Competition Mode. My FRC has traction control only but I wish I had the Active Handling. Please verify that the DIC does in fact say Active Handling and not Traction Control. I'm betting that you don't have Active Handling the same as mine. It was an option until late 99 I believe.

Leon

all I have is one button on the center console with the car patching out
on it ,,also i got the code sheet the closestthing i have is JL9.. i think i have to make a trip to the dealer
and pay my hundred dollar deductable.. its not the money i just want my car to function perfectly, thankt to all for all your help . it is greatly apppreciated.
i just hoped someone knew what the fix intailed.. thanks again Matt

Patching out???? How old are you? I bet in mid to late 50's am I right? I haven't heard that in years!:chuckle

Patching out???? How old are you? I bet in mid to late 50's am I right? I haven't heard that in years!:chuckle

my car says Traction system on and Traction system off????

as for the patching out thing ...what ever,,, burn out,,, peel out ,,, I dont like todays
terminology, well like they say know your momma ,***** hoe,,, not my cup of tea,,, hey theres another one....
to all thanks for all your help,,, Matt

as for the patching out thing ...what ever,,, burn out,,, peel out ,,, I dont like todays
terminology, well like they say know your momma ,***** hoe,,, not my cup of tea,,, hey theres another one....
to all thanks for all your help,,, Matt
Was fooling with ya,relax...and I think the car is in a slide,just for the record:w

You don't have Active Handling, so hold down the button as long as you want, you ain't gonna get Competition Mode.

Signed,
Was Also Confused By This At First Until I Found Out It Was An Option

Was fooling with ya,relax...and I think the car is in a slide,just for the record:w
that makes more sense ,, a slide,,:L when i was younger (not 50 yet) the tires made a screaching sound, now when i get on my vette a little the tires spin but don't make any noise i just hear the motor rev and very little tire noise,,, I guess it's the F1's run flats,,,very hard...and it's been pretty cold out also thanks again for your help...Matt:D

You don't have Active Handling, so hold down the button as long as you want, you ain't gonna get Competition Mode.

Signed,
Was Also Confused By This At First Until I Found Out It Was An Option

thanks ,, it was driving me crazy,, I still love my frc ,, these new vette c5's are a blast to drive.. thank you for your time, matt
PS how do I ad a picture like you have,,also nice looking vette you have

lamny, I'm still not convinced that JL9 you saw isn't a JL4. I don't even see a JL9 in the RPO codes list.

After dinner, I'm going to go hook up the battery and see exactly what I get in the DIC when I toggle that button.

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom