Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Complete list of bulbs?

Corvette
1981 white/blue interior automatic
Is there a complete list of all bulbs for an '81 vette anywhere? I have both the shop manual and assembly manual, but I'll be damned if I can find any bulb info. If you guys have a page number, that'd be greatly appreciated. I have my two rear quarter panel lights missing, and that tiny bulb that shines down on the instrument cluster has NEVER worked, and the under-hood light is missing.... I want to get a list together and hunt them all down. Thanks in advance.

-Tatortot

Alright, another dumb question.... have bulb numbers changed over the years? I took a list in to Auto Zone of what I needed, and 168, for under the hood, certainly did not match up with the large socket under my hood. It was a much smaller, push in type bulb. Is there some sort of cross reference chart? Maybe I'm just reading something wrong.... how odd.

-Tatortot

Call AutoZone. The only real joker on the list is the lamp at the top of the center cluster which illuminates the HVAC controls. That thing is a special type of animal.
:thumb

Okay, I did some more research. It turns out the manual must be misprinted as the underhood light is a type 94 (or 93.... don't have it in front of me right now). 168 is the proper size for the "other" sockets that the manual states should be a 168.

Anyone know when the "spare tire light" illuminates? All the time (when lights are on), or only when the carrier is dropped down? I put a new bulb in there and I'm getting nothing.

Anyone know when the "spare tire light" illuminates? All the time (when lights are on), or only when the carrier is dropped down? I put a new bulb in there and I'm getting nothing.

Its a courtesy light it illuminates for about 30 second after your door
is opened to see around the rear of the vette when its dark.:thumb:thumb

....so nothing to do with the spare tire except being kind of close to it :L

Thanks!

-Tatortot

Yes that's correct.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well, I left the door ajar, with and without the lights on, and couldn't get the bulb to illuminate. Unless the key needs to have been in the ignition, I got a break somewhere in the wire. Or I suppose the socket could be bad. I sprayed it with contact cleaner but no dice. Ah well.

-Tatortot

Mine goes on when i put the alarm on. Uses the same timer as the interior light.

Greetings Peter

I have an aftermarket alarm that hasn't worked since 1999, so perhaps that's the problem.... hmmm.

-Tatortot

82 top center consul light to illuminate the heater and AC controls

I need the number of the bulb. Mine needs replaced and I don't have an owners manual. I went to Auto Zone and they don't have a listing.

Look in the 81registry or the 81spec section of CAC... There should be a list in one of those.

Under the hood bulb

If you want an incredibly bright bulb for under the hood I recommend a 795 50 watt bulb. They get very hot and I recommend adding a switch.

"Right once more Bill"

In the Tech portion of the "L81 Vette Registry"

ved Registry"[/b] :thumb Bud http://www.l81vetteregistry.com/

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom