Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Computer Desk in Garage

M

matchframe

I am currently remodifying my Corvette, and there are pieces of it everywhere these days. My computer desk has caught the Gauge Cluster, Speedometer and Tach, plus my old Sun Super Tach I had in previous muscle cars. I get many comments about the collection around my computer, & I just respond that on the Information Super Highway, you need good gauges. Here is a picture of my collection:

BEAUTIFUL!! thats the way a good computer desk should be

Lefty huh? Nice set! Get broadband and speed!

Actually I am somewhat ambidextrous. I write w/ my right hand, but there are many things my right will not do that my left hand is more natural at, like the computer mouse. I cannot use the mouse w/ my right hand if my life depended on it. In baseball, I can bat either way, I shoot guns mostly right handed, but I cannot hold a spoon or fork w/ my right, has to be my left...go figure.

Broad band is definately on my "Get soon list...."

matchframe said:
Actually I am some what ambidextrous. I write w/ my right hand, but there are many things my right will not do that my left hand is more natural at, like the computer mouse. I cannot use the mouse w/ my right hand if my life depended on it. In baseball, I can bat either way, I shoot guns mostly right handed, but I cannot hold a spoon or fork w/ my right, has to be my left...go figure.

I wouldn't call myself ambidextrous since I cannot do any tasks equally well with my left and right hands but I am somewhat like you in that I can ONLY write left handed, can ONLY use a mouse right handed, can ONLY bat or golf right handed and can ONLY bowl or throw a ball or left handed, and can ONLY shoot a gun right handed. Like you say, go figure!

exspansion

looks as if you are going to need a BIGGER desk.

Thats one cooooooooooool garage......
I envy you......
thnaks for sharing...
tony

Thats one cooooooooooool garage......
I envy you......
thanks for sharing...
tony

KOPBET,

Last March I broke some bones in my right hand, and had it in a cast for about four weeks, then a splint for two weeks. I was forced to write w/ my left, and was able to, but had to get use to it. Eventually writing w/ my left came natural, then when I stopped wearing the splint, I started writing w/ my right hand again, but I can still write w/ my left just as well. From time to time, I write w/ my left, just to keep it in practice.

Wamp,

I would like a bigger desk, but I don't want to take up more room in the garage. Floor space is critical these days with the Vette everywhere. I think I need shelves to put the books on.

Oldace84,

I lived in Huntington Beach, CA for about a year and a half back in the early '80s. Great place to live. I lived in a townhouse right near the beach on the side of town near Newport Beach. Many times I wished I was still there!

Bill

My 16'x 16' enclosed "retirement office" is in one corner of my garage, with the "computer desk" built-in; keeps me close to my "toys" :D

2002228141543-2-Office1.JPG

:Steer

That's a nice office John!

I especially like your choice of tile color in the office!

Bill

Nuthin' but the "good stuff" in the fridge :D I have 2400 sq ft. of work space right outside the door into the main garage (just outside the photo on the left).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom