Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Confusion! Z06 cooling ducts on Coupe?!

H

hoover33

I'm confused. There are "rear brake cooling ducts" on the Z06 which make it very easy to identify a Z06 (besides the fact that it's a hardtop... but an older C5 could be a non-Z06 hardtop). I was under the impression these ducts were ONLY on the Z06. I have seen hundreds of pics of Coupes online and they never have the ducts.

However, in the past week, I've seen two Coupes on the streets of Orlando which very clearly had the exact same ducts. I had to do a double-take, because usually when I see a Z06 (which isn't very often), I see the ducts first, then look up expecting to see the ugly (to me) hardtop.

What does this mean? I'm certain it doesn't mean we're lucky enough to have Z06 coupes somewhere, since I know there's no such thing, though myself and others would like it. So is it a non-Z06 Coupe, and if so, why are the ducts on it and why have I never seen them in ANY photos online?

Anyone have any ideas?

The are after-market add-ons, readily available in several catalogs and online.

MacShee98 said:
The are after-market add-ons, readily available in several catalogs and online.

Oh, thanks. Would you have to cut holes in the side of your Coupe to put them on?

Ducks (quack quack)

Yes, you do have to cut holes to mount the ducts. From what I've heard, they do help in cooling the rear rotors and they do look nice, but I just can't bring myself to cut holes in my vette just yet. Design Specialties, Mid America and West Coast all have them I think.
--Drew:w

There are also "dummy" add ons, that do not require you to cut into the body. Needless to say these are much cheaper, around $60 to $80 dollars for the pair, and may be what the majority of simulated Z06's are.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom