Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Console Gauge Bezel Installation Question

Sean8

Corvette
Black 1981 Vette 4-speed
Please help. I bought one of those CD players from Mid America that comes complete with the Console Gauge Bezel to replace the original one, so you don't have to cut anything. I have taken the two screws out of the sides, and the two at the top, but I can't get it out. To make the job look really finished, I bought a lower trim plate too. How does this stuff come off? Any advice would really be appreciated! Thanks.

Sean

There are two small screws on the bottom. They tie the shift console to the Guage bezel. The easiest way to get to them is by removing the side panels from the console. There are a pain to get at and back in if you don't have small hands.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Thanks, Guys. That diagram was especially helpful. I have spent the last 5 hours taking everything apart. It's all off, and I have a bag full of screws! :confused. So much for a simple job! Tomorrow starts the installation. Thanks, again!

Sean

I did it.

Sean8 said:
Thanks, Guys. That diagram was especially helpful. I have spent the last 5 hours taking everything apart. It's all off, and I have a bag full of screws! :confused. So much for a simple job! Tomorrow starts the installation. Thanks, again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom