Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

convert vs ht/frc

L

Ling_650vette

pilot, i'm glad they didn't delete the a/c, radio and all the other "comforts" of the street car. Then, they would've had to over-charge about 20k and have all them be red like the Cobra R (just kidding). And about the whole "convert vs HT/coupe" debate, from what some of the things i've heard, Team 'vette did design the ZO6 around a convert frame, but the whole time was being designed as a HT....why? B/c they could strenghten the frame up more if it was a convert, then just convert everything to the HT. (like i said earlier, thats just what i heard) And IMO, the convert seems too "over the hill" style. I'd much rather have a FRC than a convert. I like the rear glass better, that and my experience w/ some of the people that have C4 converts in my area is that they leak, badly. This may just be their problem, but, whatever....but, to each his own i guess in 'vette interest.

Just keep the wave alive!

Vert Vs. FRC

Just went to the dealer to sign final papers on a Z06, but before I signed I had to demo a Vert. . Now after all the things I had heard of the noise and leaky weatherstriping Etc. I was impressed by the vert. , it had a better ride than my coupe felt more sturdy and seemed to handle the road better. There was very little turbulance and the radio sounded good at speed with the top down! I was so tempted to buy the vert.!! instead of the Z06!!! The dealer saw I was at a crossroad and made this suggestion, come back in 3 years and buy the vert which will be the new C6 and will have the 405 HP I am getting in the Z06 now! So I did buy the Z06 but that Vert was a fun drive and I will take a look at it in the future, but at that time the Z06 may have 500 HP!!!!! Oh boy another crossroad!!!

I own a y2k vert. I love it.

What else is there to say.

There is a lot that I will have difficulty in participating in such as the 150 club and track time will be limited. But there is nothing like tooling down the highway with the top down with the wind blowing through whats left of my hair with a lot of envious drivers nodding their heads.

I have a completely bone stock vette and honestly don't think I'll ever reach the limits of it's capabilities. Periodically I've thought of adding cold air venting, K&B air filters and/or Z06 maf and intake. But, quite honestly, I love the car the way it is.

I have been driving for almost 30 years and I finally have a car that does everything I want. How bad is that.

personally, i'm not a big convertable fan. I prefer the coupe. Get the same feeling as a 'vert, just w/ a hard top. There's some people i know that all they will buy is 'vert vettes, but something (esp on the C5's) about the coupes just does it for me. I love drivin my dads 91 w/ the top off and the windows down. I wish i could get a c5 though....i love 'em. 'vettes just keep outdoing themself every year. No matter what, 'vert, HT, coupe....it's all good, just as long as the flags are crossed, and the wave remains....

I have a C5 coupe and love it. I considered the vert, but chose the coupe because it was less money. I would take either one, but I truely love the coupe styling a bit better, and with a lower price my decision was made for me. All in all a Vette is a Vette no matter if it is a coupe, vert, or HT. Any one is fine with me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom