Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

convertable top

Thanks Ken

Hmmmmmm......I guess it is a good thing they make duct tape in colours.

Barbie
mwink.gif

Thanks for the interesting information, Ken. So far I haven't washed my convertible top...just vacuumed it and used a
lint roll on it. So far so good. :) I am wondering if I need to use a protectant type spray on the top. Did you see anything about that? :) Care of convertible tops is all new to me.

:w
Patti

Google is a good search engine...I really like it. I clicked on
the "Old Cars Weekly News And Marketplace" URL you listed and I couldn't find a section called Old Cars Technician tip section to see what was listed about convertible tops, so wondered if protectants were mentioned too in that section. Were they? :)

Patti

Nope, sorry Patti, but they HAVE had entire issues in the past dedicated to car care and detail tips though. It's an wonderfully informative weekly for old car information. :upthumbs

_ken

Thanks Ken.....I have bookmarked it and will check back off and on. :)

Patti

Patti

Patti, have you thought about getting a hard top for your convertable? I have looked at one that is offered and may do it since i drive all year around and am from Illinois also.

charlie

Thanks alot for the information, Charlie. :) Where did you see the hardtop? How much did they cost? Were they heavy? How do they connect? I think that's the most questions asked on the forum in one paragraph. :) I had seen mention of the hardtops, but I don't know anything about them. That's really interesting that you have seen them...looking forward to learning more.

Patti

Hard Top

Patti, you can find them at SmoothLine.com or call toll free 877.368.4533. The price runs from about $1995.00 to $2250.00.
Shipping is extra and if you want a vinyl top it is about $75.00 extra. They are located in W. Pa. I also check w/my local body shop about painting to match, was told about 3 to 4 hundred depending on what need to be done to prepare and etc.

Since I do drive all year, I am getting ready to order mine, but want to do some checking on them first.

Charlie

Thanks for the web address, Charlie. :) Very interesting. Sounds like it is easy to install. If you get one....please let me know how you like it.

Thanks again..I bookmarked the site.
Patti

I hope C5 hard tops are easier than C4's to install. When I purchased my '90 my ragtop needed to be replaced. It was sporting the factory hardtop. I found it difficult to remove, clumsy and heavy. I have seen where there are winches that hang from a garage ceiling to make the job easier. But, I doubt I'll be in a hurry to put mine back on. I think that C5 hard tops look good though.

Barbie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom