Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Convertible Top Cleaner - Whats Best?

82shark

Corvette
2001 Black Convertible 6-speed
Now that pollen season is finally over, my black soft top is looking a little dingy in the fabric. I've washed it w/soap and water but don't know if thats the best thing for it. Are there any cleaner/conditioner type products that will protect it and make it last for nearly eternity? (cause I can't afford to replace it ;-)
Ed

I use nothing but RAGGTOPP cleaner and protectant. It will get off the road grime and pollen and then the protectant saves you a lot of time later because the water just beads up on the top and rinses off all dust, etc.

Save the wave, :w

magredc5 said:
I use nothing but RAGGTOPP cleaner and protectant. It will get off the road grime and pollen and then the protectant saves you a lot of time later because the water just beads up on the top and rinses off all dust, etc.

RaggTopp works great on my light oak top.

Although I don't own a convertible, I've heard from many convertible owners that RaggTopp is the best on the market.

I'm curious- can it be purchased retail, or do you need to go to their website to buy it?

-Patrick

can you get it from ecklers or Mid America?

Ed

Mid america is the place to go ....the entire kit for cleaning your top cost about $25.00 or less...

Mike R

magredc5 said:

Save the wave, :w

I agree. It even brought back my white top. Just make sure you buy the right kit, there is one for vinyl and one for cloth.

........................... :w

82shark said:
Now that pollen season is finally over, my black soft top is looking a little dingy in the fabric. I've washed it w/soap and water but don't know if thats the best thing for it. Are there any cleaner/conditioner type products that will protect it and make it last for nearly eternity? (cause I can't afford to replace it ;-)
Ed
=========================================================
Wolfsteins.com (Wolfstein's Raggtopp)
Wolfsteins Pro Series
310 Quiet Water Lane
Atlanta, Georgia 30305-3723
(770) 395-0020 or (800) 377-4700
info@wolfsteins.com

A little added info>>>>>>>>
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HOW TO APPLY [/font]

RAGGTOPP Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner

• Wet Convertible Top thoroughly.

• Spray and apply evenly over entire roof and scrub lightly with soft nylon brush.​

• For very difficult soiled areas, spray and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Scrub lightly with soft nylon brush.​

• Rinse thoroughly with water until no remaining soap foam is observed.

IMPORTANT: CONVERTIBLE TOP MUST BE THOROUGHLY DRY BEFORE USING RAGGTOPP PROTECTANT

RAGGTOPP Fabric Protectant - FABRIC TOPS

• Start with a clean dry convertible top.​

• Shake well before use and several times during spraying.​

• Hold can upright and spray evenly 16-18 inches from material.​

• Spray three light even coats of RAGGTOPP Protectant using gentle sweeping motion. DO NOT SATURATE.​

• Allow to dry 10 minutes between coats in the sun. Artificial heat can be used to speed drying time.​

USE A CLEAN COTTON TOWEL/RAG or MICRO FIBER TOWEL TO WIPE OFF ANY OVER SPRAY​

Use RAGGTOPP Vinyl Protectant for Exterior/Interior Vinyl Protection
======================
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How To Apply On Vinyl [/font]
RAGGTOPP Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner

• Wet Convertible Top.
• Spray and apply evenly over entire roof and scrub lightly with soft nylon brush.
• For very difficult soiled areas, spray and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Scrub lightly with soft nylon brush.
• Rinse thoroughly with water until no remaining soap foam is observed.

IMPORTANT: CONVERTIBLE TOP MUST BE THOROUGHLY DRY BEFORE USING RAGGTOPP PROTECTANT

RAGGTOPP Vinyl Protectant - VINYL TOPS
• Start with a clean dry convertible top.
• Shake bottle and spray 8 -12 inches from convertible top.
• Spray on using gentle sweeping motion or spray onto clean cotton rag or towel and wipe onto vinyl convertible top.
• Wipe dry with clean cotton towel, rag or micro-fiber towel.
• Apply every 4-5 weeks for maximum UV protection against the elements of nature and man.
USE A CLEAN COTTON TOWEL/RAG or MICRO FIBER TOWEL TO WIPE OFF ANY OVER SPRAY
For Fabric Tops Use RAGGTOPP Fabric Protectant

:upthumbs

Any suggestions on what to use on black coth tops where the black is lightly in the areas that rub when down? The materials is not worn. I have been dabbing with liguid shoe polish but after a wash its gone.

Thanks.

Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom