Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Convertible top/hatch hold up bar

G

GS583

When at the Gathering a couple had a table set opposite Perky Embroidery. Next to de Oro table. They were offering a bar that held convertible top open to allow easier loading/unloading of luggage compartment. I have misplaced their card. If someone has this info, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Dave

You have a luggage compartment !
I never noticed one on my '89 conv.
Where did you find it ?

Your 'luggage compartment' is what ever space is left after you put the top down and are still able to close the lid. I just returned from San Diego and we took a medium size roller suitcase, a lap top case, a 8 can cooler which sits in the middle so access is easy and two small "Walmart" type plastic bags on both sides. Plus all the normal 'stuff', jumper cables, small tool kit, spare parts box. I have found it amazing on how much stuff I can get in the car and still leave the top down. :w The bar justs hold the back of the top up so it doesn't fall on you when loading the compartment. If you pull the top forward enough it won't fall on you at all. I would save my money for something else. :beer

Convertible

Yes, the space is very limited but, you can stack' a lot of things in there. In my conv I can put my full issue of 782 gear, 2 carry on bags and a radio and some space left

I found that my snow brush works really well to hold the hatch open.
:Silly

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom