Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: converting 1981 vette to vacume advanced dizzy weliland intake

Derek R Miller

I was hoping for general how to advice on.best way to work with what I.got after breaking stock intake and how to make tye lock up tranny a hand controthand switch . I will save all computer and carb controled stuff I take off to resell to those who need so please no discussion on why to keep it stock if possible thank u

I was hoping for general how to advice on.best way to work with what I.got after breaking stock intake and how to make tye lock up tranny a hand controthand switch . I will save all computer and carb controled stuff I take off to resell to those who need so please no discussion on why to keep it stock if possible thank u

No worries... there will be no "keep it stock" discussion from me. :chuckle

A non-computer controlled carb swap is easy. All the parts can be found on Jeg's, Summit, or wherever. A simple vacuum advance distributor will do. You should be able to find one for less than $200.

Off the top of my head, here's what you'd need...
  • Gaskets
  • Throttle cable bracket
  • Lock-up switch & harness
  • Carb
  • Intake
  • Distributor
  • Air filter assembly (unless you are using the OEM)

So, are you retaining the OEM cam?

I just reliazwd about the harness not.useable with the vavume advanced one so.do I order four prong/holes style harnes and cut out old then splice and I habent.found.a.good read on the tranny lock up switch detailed anywhere

Zip sell a lock up kit which can be used to automatically lock up the torque converter without using a computer.

But if you do want to just have a manual switch then it's very simple.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom