Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coolant by pass

S

Shadowing1985v

Can someone explain to me in detail how to do this?
and i have a 1985 so is this a good mod for my L98

It's a piece of cake... there's another thread here "Cheap Coolant Bypass" that has some discussion on whether it's worthwhile or not but most of us have had it done with no ill effects. There should also be some detailed explanation of how to do it in that thread; jus do a search for it.

[RICHR]

thanx,, well if most people had no real affects,

I will just not do it then,,

Shadow, that's no *ill* effects. Didn't say there were no effects at all... Anything that'll lower the temp of your intake charge has to help.
[RICHR]

yeah, well lowering the temp would still be a affect

do u think it does good to lower the temp like 5 degrees or what?

i really hate u drewser u are really a dic k

keep your comments to your self man,, jeeze

Waaaaaaa

Gee, hon. That really stings:eek It would sting more if it came from someone who knows the difference between effect and affect, or what the word "ill" means. You might want to read the post before you comment on it, dumpling.
Darn...I guess that means you and I won't be hanging out braiding each others hair and stuff then, huh?:bash

Please tell me we are not going to revert to third grade playground mentality here.

This is a Corvette info board. Some of us are better educated that others, some of us can spell better than others, some of us are rich and can own mulitple Vettes, some of us saved for years to get our one car. This is what America is, lots of different folks.

I ask that we keep our focus here Corvettes and help our fellow members no matter what their background or education.

If I remember the Constitution says something about 'all men (and ladies, bows to Silver) are created equal'

thank u top

thats what i have been saying,, there is no reason for this at all
u need to grow up man, jeeze
and most genious are bad spellers anyways "fact"

Shadow, in a nutshell it's a simple mod that might take an hour to do, is easily reversible, and doesn't seem to hurt anything. I can try to scan in the directions that came with a "kit" I bought (directions were OK, hose coupling was too small) so you can judge if it's worth doing. I got the proper hose fitting from Home Depot for about $3, with hose clamps.
[RICHR]

Hey Shadow, Have you tried this site?

www2.gasou.edu/student/gsi03775/index.html

I elected not to splice and purchased a 3' length of hose. I routed the hose over the AC compressor pulley so it does not come in contact with any moving parts.

One guy that owns a WS6 TransAm did a before/after dyno of his LT1 doing the TB bypass. He was amazed at the outcome. About 6ft/lb TQ from 2000-5000rpm. About 5hp around 4000-5000rpm.

So if costs you $5 for the parts then that is $1/HP and $1/TQ. That is a big improvement in price/performance ratio. Hell at that rate I'd throw in $1000 right now for 1000Hp. I'd have Vipers peeing themselves when I got next to them :L

Ok. So maybe i'm dreaming a little. But the dyno numbers are real.

So throw it on there. It won't hurt.

graham

k

i need a site or something though,, or just some good directions from u guy's

im easy understanding,, i know my way around myengine,, enough to follow direction si think

give me some please,,,

i already have mor ehose then i will ever need or use in my shop

Shadowing,
On the 85 it's a snap. Just pick up a heater hose coupling(5/8" I think) at pep Boys or the like with two gear clamps. Remove inlet hose and outlet hose from throttle body, insert coupling, clamp and your done.

thanx

that sounds simple,,,
i will do it tomorrow

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom