Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coolant leaking

tmkassin

Corvette
2009 LS3
92 LT1 I have been noticing a coolant smell the last couple of days. Today I popped the hood and the serpentine belt is wet with coolant. There is no noticeable leak anywhere. Probably the water pump.:( Any thoughts?

If it's leaking, more than likely it'll be from the weephole. Get a mirror and flashlight and take a peek on the underside of the waterpump. You would see coolant around the weephole.

Coolant Leak

92 LT1 I have been noticing a coolant smell the last couple of days. Today I popped the hood and the serpentine belt is wet with coolant. There is no noticeable leak anywhere. Probably the water pump.:( Any thoughts?

Had similar deal on my 87 - coolant loss with no visible leak but some on belt. Turned out ot be corrosion on outside of water pump where upper hose connects. Pulled hose off to replace when installing new hoses, cleaned off corrosion and now it is fine.

If it's leaking, more than likely it'll be from the weephole. Get a mirror and flashlight and take a peek on the underside of the waterpump. You would see coolant around the weephole.
I agree!~!!Getter fixed before it leaks into the Opti Spark,You won't like that repair!~!!:L

:D

Yepper it was the water pump. The rear seal was dry rotted and leaking. Drained the rad and the block and still had about a quart of coolant dump out when I pulled the pump. Fortunately the opti is working fine.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom