Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cooling fan will come on

Old Blue Coupe

Corvette
1987 - Blue Coupe
primary cooling fan does not come on ;;have replaced fan motor-fuseable link ....green white does make ground....when key is on...if I ground grn /white it will run ecm is to make ground..ecm no good? please help pulling hair out:w

in previous post should read..green/white does not make ground when key is on

Have you read the Factory Service Manual's information on cooing fan operation and diagnosis?

There should be 12 volts on the grn/wht wire wih the key ON, engine OFF. If=NO, there's a COOLFAN fuse in the RH dash. 3 amp. This is the fuse for the control circuit.

Nw I remember why I do't pst here vdry much. There'sa key-logger orsomething that causes key-stokes to be mssd or omitted. akes te osts come lot lke gibrish if yopu tpe 50WPM like I can.

Last edited:
Follow Hib's advice and get the FSM's, especially if you plan on doing your own maintenance. Do the fans ever come on? And, if I remember correctly (no longer own the car so the memory is a bit fuzzy..), my primary fan didn't come on until the water temp hit 225, the secondary at around 235 unless the A/C was on.

Last edited:
I just recently purchased factory service manual and wiring manual. I used the diagnosis trouble tree and it came up with ECM is the problem - it is not turning on the ground circuit that supplies ground to the coolant relay. I am currently looking for an ECM to try before I actually buy one. Thanks for help and note. Al

I got an ECM to try no luck....so I am very frustrated ...I ordered a new hypertech prom ..thats was in ecm when purchased car installed new ..everything works this post may help other guys this problem Old Blue Coupe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom