Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cooling fans never turn off

formul8

Corvette
1994 Coupe Blk/blk
1994 LT1 - Both cooling fans are always on and do not shut off when the motor is running.

Relays? Are they located on the drivers side of the radiator shroud?

Are they on as soon as you start the engine or do they come on and stay on after the engine warms?

They are on right when the motor starts, even when cold.

A/C is off.

The fan relays are usually mounted at the left of the radiator.

I let the motor idle for about 5 minutes. The temp was at a constant 204 degrees. The fans were running from cold start up and once warmed up, I pulled the relays and they stopped.

This is the one with the bent radiator right ??
Check the ground to the relays..also check the wireing to the temp sensor on the block....Check for corrosion in or around the sockets..Pulling the relays to stop the fan kinda tells me it's ground related..JMHO

This is the one with the bent radiator right ??
Check the ground to the relays..also check the wireing to the temp sensor on the block....Check for corrosion in or around the sockets..Pulling the relays to stop the fan kinda tells me it's ground related..JMHO

Yeah. I replaced the radiator. Where is the ground for the fan relays located?

(I am bidding on FSM's on ebay, so do not have one yet)

Thanks!! :)

I believe someone at the corvette mechanic site has a set for 75 dollars if not sold yet :thumb Steve

Yeah. I replaced the radiator. Where is the ground for the fan relays located?

(I am bidding on FSM's on ebay, so do not have one yet)

Thanks!! :)

I have a 1995 preliminary FSM, I think the electrical portion is close to the same as your 1994. I will check this evening when I get home from work.

The grounds for the fan relays are internal PCM. Certain "fault codes" (SES light) will cause the fans to run all the time.

The grounds for the fan relays are internal PCM. Certain "fault codes" (SES light) will cause the fans to run all the time.

It has DTC 43 that won't go away. Knock sensors were replaced. I tapped on the PCM and nothing happened, so nothing is loose.

Would the coolant temp sensor cause this? The digital readout works.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom