Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cooling Problem

If it's OK around town, the system is doing its job at low speed(radiator, fan, clutch, shroud); if it then heats up on the highway, it either isn't getting enough airflow (front deflector damaged or not maintaining its shape at speed), or the radiator is going south (nobody ever expected them to last over 10-15 years). The front air dam is essential for highway cooling - without it, air isn't being deflected up through the radiator. Check the air dam and replace it if it's damaged and see how that affects the problem; if it persists, it's radiator time.

I see if I can order that air dam tommarow and see how it goes,

Im kinda hope its not th problem as Ive been procrasinating an aluminum radiator, hopefull this will force me to do it.

Any one found a gool aluminum for a decent price. Best Iv found so far is a griffin for 495,

BCool

I ran the gauntlet of heat, no shroud when I bought the car, put one on it. Replaced water pump, thermostat, had a flex fan, junked that, went to a special race cooling fixed blade. Recored the stock radiator, added tubes, larger tubes. Wetter Water, the biggest difference was the BKool aluminum radiator. I can idle or around town all day at 90 degrees out and never go over 180. Highway 195, maybe 200, rarely if I push it. I'm bored .030 over with 12.5 to 1 pistons and 64cc aluminum heads. I don't even have a timing mark on my cover, it's advanced. Even with that said, this winter I'm going to close off all the air gaps around the radiator to direct as much air as possible through it, not around it. The BKool bolts up exactly, not one modification, mounts, hoses, nothing.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom