Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Correct White wall height for '66?

74bigblock

Corvette
2008 Z06
PReping friend's '66 327 Vert for Vette Fest CHicago March 11th. Need to know what the correct height is on the white wall to get something that looks period for the car.

Thanks!
Dave

My coker goldlines are 3/8" and the stripe starts approx 1" from the mounted rim.

Hope this helps.

1966 Whitewall size, not Goldline.

I think the correct size of the WHITEWALL that year was 5/8". Coker Tire does have the 5/8" whitewall in the "Vintage" look. (non radial) If you want a radial tire, I'm not sure if you can get a 5/8" ww. A 3/4" maybe close to the look you want. (Those are easyer to find at your local tire store.)

Ken's67 said:
I think the correct size of the WHITEWALL that year was 5/8". Coker Tire does have the 5/8" whitewall in the "Vintage" look. (non radial) If you want a radial tire, I'm not sure if you can get a 5/8" ww. A 3/4" maybe close to the look you want. (Those are easyer to find at your local tire store.)

Ken,

Thanks! We are looking for radial replacements... We've got a set of Bias Ply's, but they are VERY old.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

74bigblock said:
Ken,

Thanks! We are looking for radial replacements... We've got a set of Bias Ply's, but they are VERY old.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

I remember looking for the same thing for our 66 Coupe and I believe the 5/8" width is what I recall looking for. I did find a GoodYear radial with that size white wall but I don't recall the model name. You might want to check them.

Rich Lagasse

We are able to make any white wall width you would like, from 1/2" to 5/8" to 1" on the 205/75R15 which will replace your original bias ply tire. Our typical placement is 1" from the rim. Other accommodations can be made per your request at no additional charge. If you have any other questions you can also call me at 888-922-1642 info@dbtires.com
Ron

Can you get me a tire for $35? Thats about how much this guy has to spend per tire!

I just ordered a set of radial redines for my '67 from Ron this morning; they can do just about anything you want.

Nope, $35.00 ain't gonna handle it ;LOL

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom