Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corsa Exhaust: Quiet at cruise?

S

Skant

I used to have loud turbo mufflers on my K-5 Blazer. I liked their sound and power. But when I bought my vette, I decided it was nice to be able to talk to my passenger on the freeway without yelling again.

Corsa claims to be snarly when you hit the gas and 'whisper quiet' on the freeway.

Is this really true? Or just another 'manufacturer claim'?

Cruising on the freeway at 1500rpm in 6th... how does the noise compare to the stock exhaust?

- Skant

i got a 3" cat-back from B & B. really loud 1600rpm-2000rpm. it was too loud before i gutted the cats. power effects exhaust seems to be the consensus for most on a dyno and reasonable sound. the B & B generates the most HP and the most noise

CORSAs are what you want!

CORSAs are what you are looking for. They definitely have a sound that lets others know you have a special Corvette. Just the sight of those tips and the stainless pipes (viewed from the back) are a work of art! Inside the car, they rumble, but it is not intrusive. You will want to take a long road trip with your significant other after you have them installed! Try to wipe the stupid grin from your face as you enjoy the new sound of your Corvette!!!

I have found a nice rumble in 5th while cruising interstate. For a quieter ride (completely quiet) put it in 6th. The best rumble is 2500 to 3000 RPM or so. Of course, the throttle in this range makes all the difference. After you get higher revs, the rumble does not seem to increase and may even quieten somewhat. Not obtrusive in any way. My neighbors do not know when I sneak in at night. I like it. And in the rumble range, 2500-3000 RPM, the car beside you is wondering just how much power you are controlling. Oh, I have the Corsa's.

I installed my Pace Car Corsas yesterday. At crusing rpm, I believe the interior noise is as quite as the stock system. I love to hear the exhaust backing off when letting off the grin pedal from higher rpm (2500 and greater).

Brooks - You have the B&B Exhaust, and when you gutted the cats, the car got quieter? I might have read you wrong. I also have the B&B system, w/ the Xpipe, and was thinking about removing the cats. Fill me in!

Michael

It is everything Corsa claims. It's dead quiet at cruise and sounds awesome at WOT! I love 'em.

BubbleHead said:
It is everything Corsa claims. It's dead quiet at cruise and sounds awesome at WOT! I love 'em.

I agree I love them to

They are definately louder than stock while accelerating, and range from equal to or a little louder than stock at cruise. At 60 1500 rpm on flat road constant speed they are really quiet, but holding your speed on an incline you will notice a little more noise. I like mine.

Michael...I said they were too loud before i gutted the cats...they are even louder now. my sole interest is in HP and I think they produce more. they also produce lots of noise

it looks like borla does not make exhaust for C4's so im looking at corsa...
on their website they say they make it for c-4 but it doesnt look like they do it for the L-98 engine which i have... does anyone know if there website is out of date or what the deal is... If they dont make it for my car... can anyone recomend a really nice exhaust system for my 1985?? Thanks

Austin

corsa doesn't make an ehxaust for the L98 either.

Who makes good exhaust for the L-98... Flowmaster?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom