Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

corsa exhaust-touring vs pace car

Jim Z06

Corvette
2002 Torch red Z06
Has anyone heard the difference side by side. I'm afraid pce car would be to loud. Thank Jim 2002 Torch Red Z06

I have Corsa Indy's on my 2000 Coupe. I was really scared when I installed them that they would be to loud at cruise speed.
Well, I was amazed that at cruise speed, any cruise speed, I believe the Corsa Indy's are quiter than the stock exhaust. However, on start up, or WOT, they are loud.
If you do lots of stop and go driving you will certainly hear the Indy's, but after a while you will never notice the sound unless you go WOT.
Again, I am amazed at how quite the Indy exhaust is at cruise speed.
I don't think you will go wrong with this exhaust.

What about resonance at about 2000 ? Annoying????
Can you hear normal conversation?

it is not a problem at all to me. i wish a few others would chime in here because i really think that would help.
as i mentioned in my earlier response, at cruise speed, any criuse speed including 2000, i do not have a problem with noise.
if possible i would try to find someone with the indy's installed an take it for a test drive/ride.
i wish i could be more help.

Jim, I have the Corsa Touring on my Y2K coupe and have heard the Indys. Both at idle are just a tad louder than stock, at cruise they are as quiet as stock with no interior drone at 2000 rpm but when you go WOT the indys are alot louder then the touring and with the Indys you have to run the X-pipe to stop the poping and the gurgling on decell, thats one reason I went with the touring but will eventually go with an X-pipe to enhance the sound of the Corsa Touring:)

I had the Indys on my last ride. I highly recommend an x pipe when you do the installation..I didn't care for the idle sound..it was grating without the x pipe..the x pipe smooths it out.

Also if your planning headers down the road..forget the indy's imho and go for the touring..

the indy's would just be way to loud as part of a header package..again in my opinion only.

Never had a resonance issue anywhere in the rev band with the corsas..thats what they pride themselves in and its true.

The option that I am following on my z at the moment is stock titanium with flp headers. Bolts on with no welding..should improve sound and lower weight..and has been reported to give about 18 to 22 rhwp.

Figure 800 for corsa exhausts (touring or indy's) plus 100 for install..give or take a few bucks..but you gain a few pounds vs. titanium. (3-5hp)

Or for 1500 flps..plus 300 for installation.bolt on..no welding plus you keep all stock parts intact..( pick up 18-22rwhp) drop another 20lbs I believe as well..

You should consider this as an option.

Good luck.

JB

This is why I like lots of replies. I do not have the X-Pipe installed and the "motor-boat" gurgling is annoying. However, it is not bad enough to make me run out and get the X-Pipe installed today, or even tomorrow.

I heard them both today

I was at the 50th kickoff at bowling green and heard with x-pipe, without x-pipe, indy and touring. A 97 with the xpipe and indys didn't sound much different from my stock 99, imho. Take away the xpipe, and you have a different animal. Not just the "gurgle" but the overall volume as well. I kind of like the race car sound and the touring wasn't at all loud. I'm going with the indys sans xpipe personally, but if you can't stand the gurgle, or are at all concerned with the volume, get the pipe. I also heard the Titanium (most of these at the corsa tent) and I must say I was impressed...not enough to buy them, but they are a quality product.
As far as resonance in the cockpit at speed, NONE of them have it. A well mannered system.
--Drew:w

Drew, First! Did you see Gulstrands new ZO6 50th?

And your right..different strokes for different folks..

If I were to do Indy's again I'd do it with the X pipe..but thats just me..I had two very good years with the Indy's without the x pipe on my 99..Wouldn't do it again..but enjoyed the increased sound all the same.

Good luck! And your right..Corsa is known for no resonance in their systems..makes it a slam dunk..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom